It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Multi level spinal problems. Advise please help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
    deancon76
    (male)

deancon76 HB User
    Exclamation Multi level spinal problems. Advise please help.

Hi all. I'm Dean 39 yo male. 94kgs 195cms. Otherwise healthy.
    Complicated spinal issues beginning in 2000 following an lifting injury. I am in a world of pain and sufferance constantly. Opiates no longer dull the pain. I have has complex pain and many non committal diagnosis. Can anyone provide advise or at least an opinion on my future please. I am at wits end.
    [I]Symptomatology[/I]- ++ pain lower back continual sometimes into legsfeet
    +++ pain thoracic spine and into shoulders /arms/thumb r.
    ++++ pain neck and shoulders into arms numbness r thumb
    The pain is roving with when neck is flared the lower back is not as acute. And vise versa. VERY Severe migraine headaches that come in "runs" of a week or two at a time. Severe muscle "knots" and tension throughout. I am barely struggling through each day due to "grabbing+pinching" and pain is acute and chronic and intolerable.
    [I]Radiography[/I] - started out not to bad but now several issues show on even just a ct scan as opposed to the original contrast mri scans.
    [I]CT Cervical Spine 2015 nov. -non contrast.[/I]
    Vertebrae and disk spaces are normal. Mild central broad-based disk protrusion at c3/4 and c4/5 level indenting the anterior thecal sac. No central canal stenosis. Slight narrowing in the C5/6 foramina on both sides. Mild degenerative changes are seen in the C3/4 and C4/5 facet joints on the left side.
    [I]CT Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Multislice spiral scan 2014. non contrast.[/I]
    Minor anterior wedging body of T7. lost 20% of hieght consistant with an old injury.Remaining vertbral bodies have maintained a satisfactory hieght. Mild degenerative disk disease in the mid to lower thoracic spine and moderate disk degenerative disease at L4/5 level. Mild degenerative changes in the facet joints throughout. No evidence of spondylolisthesis. There is a little degenerative calcification in the intervertabral disks between T9 and T11.
    Buldging of the annulus posteriorly at L4/5 causing a little compression on the anterior margin of the dural sac. There is a small focal central disk buldge extending inferiorly below the disk at this level but no evidence of disk rupture or significant depression on the dural sac or nerve roots. Also a little buldging of the annulus posteriorly at L5/S1 to the left of middle that is touching the dural sac and the decending left s1 nerve root.
    No other abnormality is detected in the visible portion of the thoracic spine.
    [I]Previous MRI with contrast 2002 showed[/I] T7 wedged. T11/12 degen. Minor Buldging of T5/6 and T4/5. L4/5 large posterior buldge and central protrusion indenting thecal sac involving the decending L5 nerve roots and same at S1. This scan mentions "scheuermanns" possible developing at T7 but do not meet criteria. Prominant disk dessicattion L4/5 and associated annular tear in the region of the decending L5 nerve roots but again no clear cut compromise.
    There are many things there which cause pain. BUT DOES ANYONE have any advise or outcomes from similar experience. I was under the impression I would improve over time and have worked very hard to maintain my fitness and movement despite severe pain caused by maintenance exersize like walking and using self resistance for arms and legs ex. I am almost completely exhausted dealing with this and would like an honest opinion good or bad on my future prospects of recovery as I appear to have gone backwards rather dramatically. I have a good healthy diet, non drinker and no non prescribed drugs. I have also almost given up on oxycodone as it no longer dulls the severe pain and is useless for the aching and muscular pain.
    PLEASE HELP.

Last edited by deancon76; 11-18-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, depression anxiety stress sadness, radiculopathy/degenerative, scan, spine pain