It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• lower back pain and lump no diagnoses

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #1
    jess223
    (female)

jess223 HB User
    Thumbs down lower back pain and lump no diagnoses

So, I have a lump on the left side of my lower back, it isn't visible to the eye but can feel it under the skin. Its about the size of a golfball but a bit more oval. It is hard and cannot move it and hurts to press. Whenever i have to walk for a period of time i get really bad lower back pain and the lump especially radiates a lot of the pain. Whenever i do house work like hoovering and mopping i have to stop halfway through because it gets too painful. I have had a sonogram and they say its a fatty lump but its not soft or squidgy. For the past few weeks now i have had a new symptom. When i am walking or doing anything i shall get a huge sharp shooting pain in my hip/the top of my buttock and i will involuntarily scream out in pain and my knee will buckle and i will fall down if i don't catch myself. this can happen every minute on a bad day or every 5 to 10 minutes on a good day. it is extremely embarrassing in public and all i have been given is anti inflamorites and it hasn't worked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: lower back pain and lump no diagnoses

What you have, in my opinion, is called an episacral lipoma. I have them too, one on either side of my lower back, and I do have back pain. They are simply benign areas of herniated fat. The new pain you are exhibiting sounds like you may have sciatica. Look it up and see if it matches your symptoms. Feel better soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, lump