It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Constant dull left groin, abdomen and back pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
leequiffa
(male)

leequiffa HB User
Constant dull left groin, abdomen and back pain

I am a 22 year old male and have come to online forums because the doctors haven't really been much help what so ever. I have had a constant dull ache in my left groin for about a year now. Its not painful, more of annoying than anything! I saw several doctors, they had a poke and moved my leg around and nothing. Then the pain moved to my bum, almost as if it was passing through me, it made sitting down uncomfortable. I went for a blood test and ultrasound and came back perfectly normal.
About a month and a half ago I started feeling a similar dull pain just under my left rib and again passing through to my back. And the other day I noticed a lump under my left rib and my throat doesn't quite feel right I can't put my finger on it as well as slight shortness of breath. It's constantly on my mind as I now can't sit or sleep comfortably. I don't tend to pay too much attention to it when I'm walking or preoccupied. I'm worried to death, always thinking the worse (aka, cancer) but my bowels have been fine apart from when I was taking codeine for a while. I haven't felt tired or weak for the entire year so thats a good sign, right? It's the fear of the unknown that's getting to me, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Constant dull left groin, abdomen and back pain

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry but your symptoms do not add up to anything I have experienced or heard others mention in regards to a spine problem. Have you been to the doctor since you found the lump?

Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #3
leequiffa
(male)

leequiffa HB User
Re: Constant dull left groin, abdomen and back pain

Thats what the doctors have been saying, they thought for a while it could be ibs, so I changed up my diet and cut certain foods out and no change after two weeks so that got ruled out. From what I have been researching the areas where I'm experiencing pain are the same for kidney stones, I don't know if thats a possibility? I have a appointment on Thursday so hopefully they will shed some light on this. Thank you for replying.

Closed Thread

Tags
abdomen pain, back pain, dull ache, groin pain, hard lumps