It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lower back and leg pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #1
    Tikilulu
    (female)

Tikilulu HB User
    Lower back and leg pain

What would cause me to have severe lower back pain that goes down my leg AFTER I am out of bed for about 15 min? It does not hurt when I first get up but after about 15 min it just kills me!! I know it is from my sciatica but why the delay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Lower back and leg pain

Welcome to the board. One cause could be that it takes that long for a nerve to become compressed. If the symptoms are positional, like when it only hurts when you are weight bearing, there is not pressure in some positions. How does it feel,when you sit?

Old 05-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
    Laketime
    (female)

Laketime HB User

"it takes that long for a nerve to become compressed." That is interesting.

My morning discomfort is also delayed a little. Popping out of bed is fine but later the trouble starts. So sleeping in a lying position must not compress the nerve.

Would some stretches shortly after waking help to counteract the compression and therefore reduce the pain? If so, maybe there are some general ones that could be recommended?

Just today it was recommended to me by PT to start the day by putting a pillow under my chest so there is a slight backward arch and hold for 10-15 minutes. I'll just read for those 15 minutes. I was also told my sphinx move of laying on my stomach with straight arms for more arching would be helpful. These moves were suggested to me to help ward off that morning discomfort. But what I don't know is if those moves could be harmful if a diagnosis does not support them.

Good luck, Tikilulu. Starting the day in pain is no fun. Hopefully the pain dissipates as the day wears on.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:58 AM   #4
    Balakumar
    (male)

Balakumar HB User

You are experiencing lower back pain after getting from bed so, the reason might be sleeping postures or sleeping on the wrong mattress. Change your sleeping postures or you can try out ortho plus mattress, it greatly helps out for back pain.

Reply Reply