It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Back pain ...?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-21-2016, 05:27 AM   #1
    claired3
    (female)

claired3 HB User
    Back pain ...?

Does anyone know how I can relieve back pain? I'm 29 yrs and my back is constantly hurting. Anything other than a heating pad, b/c those don't seem to work too well.

Last edited by claired3; 09-21-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Back pain...?

You might think this is strange but being dehydrated can make a person more susceptible to back pain. I had lower back pain several times over the years and it took me a long time to learn about the importance of drinking plenty of water, especially when work involved bending over and lifting.

Now if I feel dry mouth, dry eyes or a stress coming on in my lower back, I will drink a glass of water and it clears things up - back pain doesn't have a chance to develop. But if I wait for the back pain to get fully established, water will not make it go away. In that case I would just have to rest, in addition to drinking plenty of water.

I once called a pharmacist to ask if there was anything I could take to relieve the pain. She said, "in the case of muscle spasms, there's no medication that will help." She told me to drink plenty of water and rest my back muscles.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-26-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
    H479204
    (female)

H479204 HB User
    Re: Back pain...?

Sorry to hear about your pain. I've had lower back pain for years, even though I'm just 27, it was all those years of playing competitive tennis. I tried everything short of surgery, like chiro, PT, acupuncture, etc. It's just frustrating and annoying to be in constant pain. One day my friend told me about SpineZone, a 6-week online program mixing exercises and education. I really recommend this because it actually works! Hopefully this program can help you too.

Reply Reply