It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• So glad to have found you all!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
    EvaSue
    (female)

EvaSue HB User
    So glad to have found you all!

Mercy. I was beginning to believe my back pain was a response to my bipolar. However, the pain has been consistent and constant since 1990. My job for 35 years did a lot of damage to my back and no matter how many incident reports I filled out, it was always determined my back injuries were my fault and our legal team advise me to not pursue workman's comp. The excruciating pain I have had has also been manifested by leg spasms, primarily my left leg, however, my right leg, not wanting to be left out of the "fun", spasms at times. I have found exercises for piriformis relief, however, nothing has been effective. The only way I could do my work for 5 years was to wear the disposable heat wraps to my lower spine, then the last 6 months, even those didn't help. OTC meds didn't and still don't help, either. Usually the spasms occur when I am sleeping however for the past year, they have happened while I'm standing, sitting, walking. I'm talking a sudden, semi-violent, complete spastic movement I cannot control. I told my doctor for years that my pain was not lumbar in origin and MRI detected minimal lumbar involvement. In 2015, I was rendered incapable of working due to a sudden, almost deadly case of urinary sepsis. I am presently on disability. My efforts to obtain a mild muscle relaxant have gone to the wind, my physician still insists my pain is lumbar. He prescribed oxycodone 10 mg twice a day as needed and it's not helpful.

On a daily basis, I am soaking in a tub of hot water, with epsom salt at least 5 times a day, to alleviate my piriformis pain, and the pain relief only lasts about an hour. I have no insurance. Sometimes I don't sleep for days because of the leg jerks and nerve pain to both legs. I have a TENS unit however the leg spasms worsen with its use. Heating pads relieve the pain slightly but I would need a pretty darn long extension cord to perform shopping and walking in my yard! HAHAHA! Is there anything, ANYTHING I can do to get some relief? Not having insurance has surely put a glitch in seeking a proper diagnosis. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate this crap of pain 24/7. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-23-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
    Railroad Man
    (male)

Railroad Man HB UserRailroad Man HB User
    Re: So glad to have found you all!

[QUOTE=EvaSue;5471092]Mercy. I was beginning to believe my back pain was a response to my bipolar. However, the pain has been consistent and constant since 1990. My job for 35 years did a lot of damage to my back and no matter how many incident reports I filled out, it was always determined my back injuries were my fault and our legal team advise me to not pursue workman's comp. The excruciating pain I have had has also been manifested by leg spasms, primarily my left leg, however, my right leg, not wanting to be left out of the "fun", spasms at times. I have found exercises for piriformis relief, however, nothing has been effective. The only way I could do my work for 5 years was to wear the disposable heat wraps to my lower spine, then the last 6 months, even those didn't help. OTC meds didn't and still don't help, either. Usually the spasms occur when I am sleeping however for the past year, they have happened while I'm standing, sitting, walking. I'm talking a sudden, semi-violent, complete spastic movement I cannot control. I told my doctor for years that my pain was not lumbar in origin and MRI detected minimal lumbar involvement. In 2015, I was rendered incapable of working due to a sudden, almost deadly case of urinary sepsis. I am presently on disability. My efforts to obtain a mild muscle relaxant have gone to the wind, my physician still insists my pain is lumbar. He prescribed oxycodone 10 mg twice a day as needed and it's not helpful.

On a daily basis, I am soaking in a tub of hot water, with epsom salt at least 5 times a day, to alleviate my piriformis pain, and the pain relief only lasts about an hour. I have no insurance. Sometimes I don't sleep for days because of the leg jerks and nerve pain to both legs. I have a TENS unit however the leg spasms worsen with its use. Heating pads relieve the pain slightly but I would need a pretty darn long extension cord to perform shopping and walking in my yard! HAHAHA! Is there anything, ANYTHING I can do to get some relief? Not having insurance has surely put a glitch in seeking a proper diagnosis. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate this crap of pain 24/7. Any suggestions will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
    Have you ever tried or considered a whirlpool for the pain or does that not help ?.?

Reply Reply