It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

L5-S1 Bulge healing! Sciatic pain? or is it something else?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #1
Akshat123
(male)

Akshat123 HB User
L5-S1 Bulge healing! Sciatic pain? or is it something else?

Ok So Exactly 4 Months ago,I woke up and when i put my right foot on the ground,It pained a lot on the right edges (Classic L5-S1 Nerve Pain Map).Slowly I Started Developing Back Pain,Numbness in leg and Upper back pain too!

There Was Thecal Sac Compression and L5-S1 Bulge.

I was put on back exercises,pain killers and anti iflamattory for 4 months.
Now I am able to walk,hell,i can run if i want but that "Sensation" from my leg is not going.
Doc conducted a physical exam and said the back is fit as it was before and continue my exercise for it though.
But i have this weird sensation above my right buttock and exactly right-lower part of the back like there is something liquid there and when i touch i can feel some weird thing or maybe it's just weak muscle mass.

I am currently taking treatment from an orthopaedic.Should I consider taking second opinion from a neurosurgeon. It's been 4 months the pain from the leg and foot is gone but that numb sensation is so irritating,i am tired from it.When I walk i feel better,the moment i sit down,it starts rolling again.

Also the thing is I am an defense aspirant,I was desperately hoping to make it to National Defense Academy where i could fulfill my dream to become an army officer.I still have a year and half though.Do you think I can ever get back to my old fitness routine? Is There a chance for complete recovery?

Last edited by Akshat123; 12-06-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Forgot tags.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: L5-S1 Bulge healing! Sciatic pain? or is it something else?

Welcome to the board. I am always in favor of getting more than one opinion. Do you still have numbness in leg.

Reply Reply