It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Lifelong back pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
Okie1
(male)

Okie1 HB User
Lifelong back pain

It all started when I was 18 when I broke my low back in a car wreck. I then broke my neck when I was 26. I have had 12 fusions with hardware in both my cervical and lumbar. I still have to take a lot of opiates to maintain any sort of quality of life even though that is no quality-of-life. The pain is becoming very depressing because 40 years of back pain I don’t enjoy life anymore. I would like to know what to do what Dr. to talk for help etc. I have been going to a psychologist for 12 years. With the new drug laws My pain management doctor will not prescribe enough pain medicine to control it. Consequently I live at a pain scale of 7 continually with Days of 9 and 10 where I am bedridden. I am at my wits end, please someone has to have some advice. Drug Abusers / Addictes seem to be able to get whatever drugs they please but the people like me that are in true chronic pain cannot. For this reason I do not know what to do. I don’t blame the doctors for running scared, their medical license is at stake. But there are still doctors that supply the addicts or it wouldn’t be on the street. To answer some questions, I have tried all kinds of steroid all injections, tens units and every other kind of treatment on the market. I just want a little of my life back. They have reduced my medicine so far that it does not work anymore. I could live o “5” pain scale.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
apodl
(male)

apodl HB User
Re: Lifelong back pain

Don't focus on the pain, focus on enjoying life and do things that you like and give you fulfilment. Have you had moments where you do not feel much pain, maybe during fun activities? During what activities is the pain highest / lowest ? Do you exercise / walk / something ?

Reply Reply