It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Small balls deep within my lower back.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
ab12345
(male)

ab12345 HB User
Small balls deep within my lower back.

Hello guys. New to here and looking for some answers =]

Im 21 years old and have been a very active athlete since age 16.

1 year ago I had a Pars stress fracture lower back on the right side L4/l5. Before I even had a stress fracture i went to the doctors multiple times for this very weird thing going on in my lower back. it was as if my muscle in my lower back was always tense. it never could be released. Muscle near the spine, erector Spinae I believe its called. I would stretch all day no matter what this tension would not go away. It is very very bothersome. as I would honestly be stretching my back all day just for a minute or 2 of relief. as i tried explaining to the Dr. about this, they would always say its muscle related. rest, ice, and some NSAIDs. nothing helps.

Fast Forward to 3 months ago. I decided to take a lacrosse ball and roll over that part. I really really digged dip into my low back and found a Hard ball inside the Low Back. as i went over this you could hear very loud crunching noise, I thought it was a Knot. this ball itself doesn't cause pain when i try lacrosse balling it, rather it does unrelease the tension in my low back for a small amount of time. I do this multiple times per day, As the feeling comes back everytime, Especially if my back is being engaged in an activity.

Fast Forward to today. Same problem, but now i realized I even have more of those small balls inside deep my back. Hard mini balls that make very loud crunching noise when i go over them. its the only way I can find some relief. since I do this so much my muscle does become painful, but This tension bothers me so much id rather have my muscle hurt then just leaving it how it is.

All this is next to my spine. It has me a little bit worried. i have a Dr. appt Monday but im scared hell just say its Muscle once again.

Any idea of what it can be? this balls are not visible on my back. you have to either push deep in your thumb, or dig deep with a lacrosse ball. all this is on my Right Side. none of this is on my left side.

Thank you very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Small balls deep within my lower back.

Welcome to the board. I read your post several days ago and have been trying to figure out what you are describing...without success! I would assume what your are feeling are other focal adhesions or little areas of muscle that are knotting up.

Have you tried going to someone who works with trigger points?

Old 10-28-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi. Have you seen the doctor yet? My first thought is that you are finding areas of lactic acid buildup...which can make a crunching sound as they are massaged out. From what I have learned about self massage, using something as hard as a lacrosse ball is not recommended, but you can do the same thing with a tennis ball, which is softer and has more give. I am very curious as to what the doctor told you! Please let us know!

Old 10-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #4
ab12345
(male)

ab12345 HB User

[QUOTE=teteri66;5489828]Welcome to the board. I read your post several days ago and have been trying to figure out what you are describing...without success! I would assume what your are feeling are other focal adhesions or little areas of muscle that are knotting up.

Have you tried going to someone who works with trigger points?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for doing some research for me

I've had this for about 6 months now. Feels like its getting a bit worse. Yes I've had a sport massage therapist but I never really told them about it as I also thought it was just a knot. I have a dr. Appt tomorrow. Hopefully I get some good news/relief. Thank you sir

Old 10-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #5
ab12345
(male)

ab12345 HB User

[QUOTE=MSNik;5489841]Hi. Have you seen the doctor yet? My first thought is that you are finding areas of lactic acid buildup...which can make a crunching sound as they are massaged out. From what I have learned about self massage, using something as hard as a lacrosse ball is not recommended, but you can do the same thing with a tennis ball, which is softer and has more give. I am very curious as to what the doctor told you! Please let us know![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have seen a Dr. About 6 months ago. He just said it was muscle. Rest and some ice. And also the balls I had weren't as big and weren't as bothersome. They got much worse and crunchier. Lol. I also use a tennis ball. Nothing I do can get it out, its super annoying. Its almost like I have to constantly press on them to relieve tightness or else my whole lower back is so tense. I still have full range of motion. So hard to describe. I have a dr appt. Tomorrow!

Thank you.

Reply Reply