It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Twitching in low left leg

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
    Lynn B
    (female)

Lynn B HB User
    Twitching in low left leg

I had a laminectomy of L2, 3, 4, 5 & S1 with a fusion of L4/5 in august of 2015. Lately I have been having twitching in my left leg below my knee to my foot all over. When I walk around shopping and stop and go I will have lower back pain and then my toes on my left foot will feel numb then my knee on that same leg feels numb and then both legs will feel rubbery with the left one feeling weaker. It has happened three times and each time I thought that my legs would give out. Has anyone experience anything like this? Before my surgery I had drop foot in my left leg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Twitching in low left leg

If it is bothering you or you are concerned, You might want to visit your surgeon. It sounds like there is some nerve irritation and/or compression going on.

I hate to say it but your surgery was a while ago and it is possible there have been some changes. It would not be surprising to have some new issues that have arisen since the surgery.

I am fused from L3 to S1 and about four years ago I had an episode where suddenly both legs went numb from waist level down. I lay down on the kitchen floor and couldn’t move anything below the waist for about five minutes. I first thought I was having a stroke and eventually went to the ER. They treated me as a stroke patient until someone realized it was in both legs. Then they told me to make an appointment with my spine surgeon and sent me on my way! I had several more similar spells over two years and finally my surgeon decided to order a new MRI...and I had surgery a month later to clean out all the stenosis at L2-3.

I suspect where you had the laminectomies, you have had some recurrence of the problem...and some “gunk” is pressing on a spinal nerve...causing your symptoms...on the left side.

Reply Reply