It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Spinal Issue's - Unusual Symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
    PetePJ
    (male)

PetePJ HB User
    Spinal Issue's - Unusual Symptoms?

Hello all. My apologies if there's an answer to my latest issues to be found elsewhere on the forums, but I cant see one.

I'm 74 and have multi-level spinal issues too numorous to mention. Along with the lower lumber problems which have gotten worse over the years, I've had the progression of neoropathy type symptoms that include the general burning of the bottoms of my feet, buzzing and tingling in my feet, and sometimes to near my knees, which I guess was inevitable if I dont have surgery to take care of something. Just lately though, these symptoms have gotten totally out of hand. They are making there way up to, and past my knees, all the way up to the backs of my legs, until I'm literally feeling these awful sensations in my rear end, despite the fact I'm sitting on a cushion! I'm having to stand up to finish this post! My legs feel totally engulfed in these symptoms!

I've read up on a lot of other posts dealing with all the spinal issues, but I cant see anything to suggest the severity of peripheral nueropathy or radiculopathy as extreme as I have. Any suggestions please friends? Could something else be running in tandem with the recognised issues that could be undiscovered?

Pete

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Spinal Issue's - Unusual Symptoms?

PetePj, I hate to say it but there are SO MANY things which can cause this type of symtom...everything from circulatory or neurologic issues can cause what you are describing. I have MS and I have the same problems in my limbs- my feet, lets and fingers/ hands..
    My husband has a circulatory issue with blood flow, he gets it in his feet and knee area.

You really need to go back and get a good physcial. This may or may not be related to your back...an MRI would answer that question, but blood work could rule out inflammation and an EMG might deduce other issues...

Reply Reply