It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• I had a muscle spasm surprise!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
    allisonthebaker
    Inactive
    (female)

allisonthebaker HB User
    I had a muscle spasm surprise!

Hi, I just found this site while looking for information about muscle spasms. I can't stay long because I'm having one. I had ADFC, discectomy and posterior laminectomies' on the 22nd. I seemed to be keeping my pain under control until yesterday. I had missed a d9ose of pain meds and just taken the missing dose when I started having really severe pain in between my shoulder blades. It scared me even more when I began having pain at my sternum. Fearing heart attack, aortic dissection? almost called 911. Decided to ride with and calm down. Then the idea that it might be a spasm popped into my head. It was too late to call a doctor so I entered the danger zone (internet medical searching)

Seems that unbeknownst to me this sort of thing is normal. I was relieved at that information but pretty upset that I wasn't warned ahead of time! See doc for first Post Op appt It won't be the neurosurgeon but his assistant I guess. Are there questions I need to ask? IK need to stop now but would sure be watching to see if this group is able to respond with any suggestions. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: I had a muscle spasm surprise!

Spasms....absolutely are painfully scary.

What you could ask the doc is to prescribe you physio that incluses massage if nothing else presents.

How is your pain today?

Let us know what the outcome of the appointment is.

q

Reply Reply