It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Rhizotomy for SI Joint Pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
    jav1939
    (male)

jav1939 HB User
    Rhizotomy for SI Joint Pain

Just had a Rhizotomy for my right SI joint. Was wondering how long it will take for the procedure to receive the pain. The numbing injections worked very well and pain releif was immediate. Also wondered how long be for I can resume normal activities like golf.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Rhizotomy for SI Joint Pain

Welcome to the board. Usually it takes about three days to begin to notice the effect from rhizotomy and improvement can continue for several weeks post procedure.

When you have lower back and SIJ pain, I wouldn’t necessarily consider golf a “normal” activity. It depends what is causing you to have SI pain...but the twisting that is involved in swinging a golf club is not going to help heal any injury! You should ask your spine surgeon when you can resume golf. Normal, every day activities, that do not involve bending or twisting can usually be resumed after 24 hours.o

Reply Reply