It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lumbar paravertebral muscle spasm

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
    MikeBes
    (male)

MikeBes HB User
    Lumbar paravertebral muscle spasm

Hello,

I want to make it short, but its been making me crazy and no doctor gave me a definite answer to my situation

Last december I made a pilonidal cyst removal, I took spine anesthesia , a few days before surgery i felt ache in my right testicle.

now after going home from hospital untill THIS day I'm having pain whenever i stretch or bend down in the same area where i took my syringe in my spine.

to solve the puzzle i've done MRI, its conclusion is " Mild lumbar Paravertebral muscle spasm with mild scoliosis convex to the right side " and " no significant lumbar discs bulge or herniation ", so I went to a dr who assured me that the back pain is nothing related to the syringe i took, however i tell him the pain is in the SAME spot, he says its an imagination .

I also went to a urologist to check the pain in my testicle, he said its a small spermatocele, i've even done ultarsound on my testicles TWICE, it showed absolutely nothing . He told me to forget it and the pain i'm feeling in the testicle is because of my back affecting the testicle area

I would really appreciate if someone could have an answer to both my back pain and testicle pain after knowing all these events.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Lumbar paravertebral muscle spasm

Welcome to the board. It looks like there isnít a simple answer to your issues. The imaging would indicate that the testicular pain is not related to the spine, at least as far as the MRI is able to indicate....

I suppose it is remotely possible that a nerve was nicked during the anesthesia. If so you should eventually recover, but any injury to a nerve, whether it is stretched during surgery, moved, nicked, etc. can take a LONG to repair.

As unpleasant as it is, it sounds like you have checked out what you can and may have to live with the situation until some further symptoms develop or it goes away.

Good luck and try to be patient!

Reply Reply

Tags
    lower back pain, muscle spasm, spermatocele, testicle pain