It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lower back pain just from standing around

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
    OversweetMulber
    (male)

OversweetMulber HB User
    Lower back pain just from standing around

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about some lower back pain I've been experiencing.

Usually, it's when I've been standing around a bunch (or walking).

I don't have any issues if I get on my bike, go to the gym, have a full workout, etc.

It might just be a "things need to warm up" kind of thing, or possibly a postural thing.

The back pain itself is more of a discomfort/dull pain, and leaning over forward to stretch it out feels more intense than the back pain for a moment, but kind of relieving too once I stretch into it.. kind of like if you've been looking to one side for a long time, and you turn your head to the other side just to move it around.

Is this a sign of bad posture that I need to address, lest I create permanent damage to my spine over the next 10 years, maybe from naturally over-arching my lumbar?

p.s. I've scheduled an appointment with a PT, but wanted to get the hivemind's perspective too.

In general, I have some amount of hypermobility (most noticeable in my shoulders, which dislocate super-easily, if in a precarious position like attempting an overhead squat), and some knee pain... I wonder if that's all linked, or if this is separate... It'd be good to know if there's an overall thing that's exacerbating this, or if the back issue is isolated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply