It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• SEVERE lower back pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
    Mike Jamison
    (male)

Mike Jamison HB User
    Exclamation Do I have a slipped/herniated disc?

Hi all,

I'm a 5'10", 160 lb., 40 year old male. A month ago I must have slept wrong and woke up with pain on the right side of my lower back. The pain comes and goes but gets much worse when I'm bending forward at the waist and at the end of the day it's almost impossible to pick something up off the ground without severe pain. It isn't radiating to my leg, it's just concentrated on my lower back, but although it comes and goes in severity it doesn't seem to be getting any better. When I go for walks up the street there is pain on the right side at the beginning (as I bring my right leg forward) but that pain starts to improve the longer I walk. I've been hesitant to see my doc because I thought it would heal on its own after awhile so I wanted to see what you all think it could be before I make an appointment. Is it a slipped/herniated disc that just isn't healing? Something else? Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Mike Jamison; 09-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: SEVERE lower back pain

Hello and welcome to the board! Sorry no one responded sooner. How are you doing by now? Have you seen any improvement?

Old 10-01-2020, 03:58 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Do I have a slipped/herniated disc?

Sounds like you need a few PT sessions. I would see your doc if your insurance requires a referral.

Reply Reply