It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Any experience with e-stim (electrical stimulation)?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-27-2021, 08:49 PM   #1
    beachplum
    (female)

beachplum HB User
    Any experience with e-stim (electrical stimulation)?

About six years ago I suffered compression fractures in my spine from a form of cancer. I had bad back pain at the time, but I have recovered to the point where my back pain is minimal and usually only some soreness after activity. My back is weak more than it is painful. I have been successfully treated for the cancer and my general health is pretty good.

However, I have an impairment to my breathing due to the fact that my spine and to an extent my ribs were compromised by being attacked by the cancer. This impaired breathing is a problem mainly when I do cardio exercise. I feel that I can't breathe as deeply as I should be able to, and it is frustrating because it reduces the benefit I get from exercise. I was told by a pulmonologist that there is nothing wrong with my lungs; he explained that the impaired breathing is a function of the mechanical damage to my spine and ribcage.

This pulmonologist mentioned a device called an "electrical stimulation" belt. He said that this device can be of great help to people with back issues. My internet search found the Stimfit AbBelt, which at $200 is the price the doctor said I might pay for a device like this; I also see plenty of other similar devices.

Does anyone have comments about a device such as this? Has anyone had success with treating back problems this way? Or, does anyone have other ideas for dealing with the long term effects of these compression fractures?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2021, 12:50 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Any experience with e-stim (electrical stimulation)?

I doubt yo are still reading on here. The board used to be so active and posters who get a response right away. Sorry you received no response.

E- stim works better for some issues than others. I never could stand it and it made things worse...but, it was because I had nerve pain. Other people love it.

I guess my comment is what do yo have to lose by trying it? But I am a big believer in alternative medicine: body work, acupuncture, etc.

You have already overcome so much! Your spinal column might be out of structural alignment. I would look into that!

Reply Reply

Tags
    compression fracture