It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Different Back Pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-19-2021, 02:43 PM   #1
    Mamomamo
    (male)

Mamomamo HB User
    Different Back Pain

Years ago I compressed three of the lowest disks - having darker gray. I would twist or lift anything and sometimes I could not get out of the chair. Flash forward two decades. Suddenly starting about two weeks ago I walk and still do about 2.4 miles per day. I am now 68 and have been on a diet to help with my knee, general health and have lost 11 lbs with a goal of 25. I have changed the way I eat.

So suddenly about a week ago - I came in from walking the dogs, and sat in my office chair. 15 minutes later when I stood up I had a more horrible pain which is hard to pinpoint but lower back radiating up I think to lower stomach area. Here are the strange facts. If it hurts, 15 minutes on a heating pad flat helps and I can walk around. Today is a great example - early I had my smoothie - in my recliner - and felt fine. My 40 lb dog jumped off the chair causing it to change positions - and it was a shock hurt. After heat I swept and blew the drive - and walked my dogs. Now I sat down in my office chair - if I stand - mid standing it really hurts bad and I have experienced pain. I can make myself push through it - and it might end when I stand up. In my chair if I slowly twist or lean forward - pain.

Amazing that I use a heating pad for 20 minutes before bed and sleep all night with no pain - but then the next morning - after making my wife's coffee and letting the dogs out - I can sit down - and bam. The jolts are crazy painful - and it will be weeks before I can get in to ortho - I am looking for anyone having similar issues or for someone with experience. Get this - just now the doorbell rang UPS. Getting up hurt - I had to bend over walking to the door but by the time I get back to my chair - it does not hurt. How can something be so very painful - and stop on a dime or because of 15 minutes of heat. This is scaring me because the pain is so much worse than when I fell years back - and hurt the disks. This is like being shot for seconds, grueling pain - then nothing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply