It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Mystery back pain. 17 years old.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
    Hammontreejesse

Hammontreejesse HB User
    Mystery back pain. 17 years old.

When I was 17(I'm 18 now), a year and 2 months ago, I hurt my back real bad lifting repetitive medium weight and occasional heavy weight with bad form/posture. Bending my back instead of lifting with my legs. I went on a workers comp case for it for about a year of chronic, crippling back pain. I went to physical therapist multiple times, and chiropractors but to no avail. I got diagnosed with a muscle or ligament tear, and out of place ribs. Nothing I did helped and neither did the doctors. I had x-rays and MRI's but they showed nothing saying and that I was perfect. I've pretty much given up on doctors. I have no idea what to do anymore and I don't want to live the rest of my life like this. The pain radiats middle back around x-10 area I've been told. The only thing I've been able to do is avoid certain movements and positions to mediate the pain. Ibuprofen helps a lot but I try not to rely on drugs. I don't know what to do at this point honestly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Mystery back pain. 17 years old.

If the x-rays and MRIs showd nothing wrong and looked perfect, that should be a clue but I'm not sure what that clue leads to.

One thing that comes to mind is inflammation, which I don't think will show up on an x-ray or MRI. Did you get complete blood-work done including inflammation? There are tests for inflammation but it won't pinpoint the exact location of the inflammation.

Lack of blood flow to that area is another idea that comes to mind and some people younger than 18 have that problem. It's called Cardiovascular disease.

Another idea is an injured ligament not bad enough to show up on an x-ray or MRI. I injured my shoulder some years ago when I bumped into the corner of a wall. It only hurt if I moved my arm a certain way. But when it did hurt it was really bad. The only thing that helped was to go easy on it and be patient. It took over a year to heal but it went back to being totally normal.

After that, the same thing happened to my thumb. I injured it and it took a long time to heal.

One thing that may be helpful is to avoid inflammatory foods. Diet has a lot to do with inflammation and healing. A non-starchy high fiber diet should be helpful. You need to have enough protein but too much protein can be counterproductive.

Reply Reply