It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• 4 months post-op from lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #391
    camelia

camelia HB User
    Re: 4 months post-op from lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy

thanks jeanne - changed my signature! t'was easy with your help!
    so sorry to hear about your continuing health probs . . .
    guess these things are sent to try us - lol!
    but seriously - I hope things will improve for you soon,
    camelia

Last edited by camelia; 06-10-2004 at 09:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #392
    magnetlady45
    Veteran
    (female)

magnetlady45 HB User

Hi Jeanne:

I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble. Has your gyno given you anything else to take orally for your problem. I at the age of 48 was given a low dose birth control pill to take which definitely has helped reduce the cycle. Maybe you should talk to someone about that. When do you see your neurosurgeon about your neck? I hope you all the best.

The weather here had been hot but cooled down some and of course lots of rain. The weather still affects me but am getting better. Hopefully in another year it will be all gone, although I can say that I am so much better than before my surgery. I just had another pap and waiting to see those results. It seems that as our bodies age, there is always something going on.

Christi

Old 06-23-2004, 07:39 AM   #393
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Indigo][CENTER][B]Hello Christi [/B][/CENTER]
    [INDENT]My gyn flat out refused to give me any type of hormone meds as he said that it was not a good idea with my mobility. He also stated that when heavy menstrual cycles cause anemia surgical measures are usually taken. I sure would much rather take a medication than have any type of surgery. I still haven't called his office but will wait until next month if needed. I am praying that your pap test comes back okay. I can only imagine the stress you must feel waiting on these results since your last one.

I see my neuro surgeon this Friday. I have been a little nervous about this appointment. On top of all this I have been ill for the last couple of weeks. I also had an elevated wbc (white blood cell) which came back at a 14. My primary doctor is concerned and wants me to repeat the blood work. I remember when I had my subserosal injection's in the hospital and the nurses thought my neuro surgeon might cancel my injection's because at that time I also had an elevated wbc but he still did the injection's. I have also had thrush for a couple of weeks. I never in my life had this type of infection. My primary doctor keeps trying different medication's to clear this up and they aren't working. If it ain't one thing it's another with me. I think my body is aging before it's time...lol[/INDENT]
    [CENTER][B] Jeanne [/B] [/CENTER] [/COLOR]

Old 07-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #394
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Indigo][CENTER][B]Hello Christi [/B] [/CENTER]
    [INDENT]I haven't seen you post on the boards in a while. I hope that you are doing well. I pray that your results of your pap came back within normal range.

I did see my neuro and I don't need cervical surgery at this time. Alleluia....
    He stated that my spinal cord is only slightly compressed and doesn't want to do fusion surgery at this time because of my last outcome. To be honest I don't think he ever wants to operate on me again and I can't say that I blame him.

I have another appointment tomorrow to see a surgeon about my bladder problem with stress incontinence. My urologist has already spoken with him and based upon an urodynamic's test that I had they have recommended that I have a procedure called a Tension Free Tape Sling. I did a little research on this and it seems that it has good results. I was able to get my wbc down a little and still am taking medication's and also feeling a bit better. Well, I hope that you had a good Fourth of July.[/INDENT]
    [CENTER][B] Jeanne [/B] [/CENTER] [/COLOR]

Old 07-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #395
    magnetlady45
    Veteran
    (female)

magnetlady45 HB User

Hi Jeanne:

Your right I haven't been on for awhile. I did get the results of my pap test and I was very much surprised to hear them tell me that it came back completely normal. Praise God! The weather hasn't been the greatest here. It has been very hot and humid. My back didn't feel too good this week but it seems to be getting better now. Rods and screws and weather. I hope your doctor visit went well. I have been very active with work, home and town issues lately. I will be going up to visit my family in Canada in a month. It is a long drive up there but I will stop many times to stretch. I am looking forward to seeing them all.

Take care,

Christi

Old 07-10-2004, 08:10 AM   #396
    MARY G

MARY G HB User

Cpmgratulations on the results of you pap test. It is really good to read that you are back in the 'buisness of life' and doing many things again. Thanks for starting this thread and for your sharings. Peace and God bless you. Mary

Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #397
    magnetlady45
    Veteran
    (female)

magnetlady45 HB User

Hi Mary:

Welcome to this thread. One of the reasons I started this thread is to share with people what actually may happen during and after surgery. Sometimes people only share the good things and not some of the not so good. I continue to share so that maybe it can be an encouragement to those who may be going to have surgery or already have and do not understand why they are experiencing the things that they were not expecting.

Are you having back problems and are you or will you be having surgery. Please continue to visit this thread. God has been good to me and will be good to others also.

Christi

Old 07-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #398
    MARY G

MARY G HB User

Hi Christi,
    I had 2 level fusion with 4 cages and rods and screws and an auto bone graft 1/13/2004....l4.l5.s1, I started reading the long thread that ended in Dec, I think. I did not know anyone personally who had this done, and I felt as if I had new friends. My recovery is slow.. My muscles are not real strong, but much bbetter than they were. I fused at 3 months. The doc was very pleased. Two days ago was the first time since '98 tha I did not take anything for pain. It was a big surprise!!! i had had foot drop for a while, and my foot does not flop anymore, I do not need to wear the Mafo brace, , but the ankles are weak. I do exercises daily. I had aqua therapy for 3 months, then aqua and land therapy for a month. I am now on my own with the exercises. I was ready. I know it will take a long time, but I am far better off than I was. Thanks again for all your encouragement.
    Mary

Old 07-15-2004, 05:25 AM   #399
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Indigo][CENTER][B]Hello Christi [/B] [/CENTER]
    [INDENT]I am so happy that your pap results came back normal and sure can imagine just how surprised you were. You sure do deserve to hear such great news and I was just so excited reading it.

My appointment went well with the urology surgeon and I have scheduled surgery for August 3rd. I just pray that all my pre-op blood work comes back fine.

Have you tried going in a pool at all yet with the warm weather? I do have an in-ground pool and the water therapy does help me. This seems to be the only way that I can get some exercise. Your vacation to Canada does sound like a long trip but I am sure you will have a wonderful time visiting with family. Maybe you could also purchase one of those back support's cushion's for your trip if you don't already have one. I am sure you will have to stop quite often as you sure don't want to stiffen up. I am so happy that everything is going well for you.[/INDENT]
    [CENTER][B]Your friend,
    Jeanne [/B] [/CENTER] [/COLOR]

Closed Thread