It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Upper back, neck, and vision problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2004, 07:38 AM   #1
    mrswhytee
    Inactive
    (female)

mrswhytee HB User
    Upper back, neck, and vision problems

Hello all -

For the last week I have been having some weird vision things going on. The only way that I can describe it is that my eyes don't quite want to focus but is not quite on the blurry side yet. I went and had my neck and head massaged and got some relief from that, so then I decided to make an appointment with the Chiropractor. He said that I was all tight and messed up in my shoulder, neck, and into the bottom of my head. He used the activator on me as I don't like to be adjusted in the usual manner. I did however, have some relief from that, the next day I could say that I felt 75 - 80% better, but my eyes still were a little messed up, but by the late afternoon, my symptoms were back but not as severe as before the chiropractor. Even today, I still don't feel as bad as I did before I went to the Chiro., but I can feel myself getting all tensed up there again. I know by looking at one of his charts in his office that the upper cervical can cause vision problems, I guess what I'm asking is can it cause these types of symptoms and if so, how many visits is it going to take to get me square again? I keep getting worried and then the worrying gets the best of me. I'm just not sure where to turn or how long to let the symptoms go on atleast the ones with my eyes. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

PS - - I had my eye examination on March 3, 04, I went to my GP doctor and she said that she thought it was all coming from stress, sometimes I think it is all stress as well but a little piece of me isn't sure.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Re: Upper back, neck, and vision problems

[QUOTE=mrswhytee]Hello all -

For the last week I have been having some weird vision things going on. The only way that I can describe it is that my eyes don't quite want to focus but is not quite on the blurry side yet. I went and had my neck and head massaged and got some relief from that, so then I decided to make an appointment with the Chiropractor. He said that I was all tight and messed up in my shoulder, neck, and into the bottom of my head. He used the activator on me as I don't like to be adjusted in the usual manner. I did however, have some relief from that, the next day I could say that I felt 75 - 80% better, but my eyes still were a little messed up, but by the late afternoon, my symptoms were back but not as severe as before the chiropractor. Even today, I still don't feel as bad as I did before I went to the Chiro., but I can feel myself getting all tensed up there again. I know by looking at one of his charts in his office that the upper cervical can cause vision problems, I guess what I'm asking is can it cause these types of symptoms and if so, how many visits is it going to take to get me square again? I keep getting worried and then the worrying gets the best of me. I'm just not sure where to turn or how long to let the symptoms go on atleast the ones with my eyes. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

PS - - I had my eye examination on March 3, 04, I went to my GP doctor and she said that she thought it was all coming from stress, sometimes I think it is all stress as well but a little piece of me isn't sure.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Well...I know that stress can cause you to have MANY ailments but I haven't heard the vision one though. It sounds like your cornea is getting a little pointed and that will cause what you are describing. Have you seen an Opthamologist? Not an Optomitrist, but an Opthomologist? If so, what have they said? As far as your adjustments from the Chiropractor, it is very common for you to start feeling bad again especially if you have only gone a short time. Depending on how messed up your back is and how long it's been like that, it will probably take you 1-2 visits a week for a couple of Months at least. Each time, you will be getting better, it's just if your back has been a certain way for so long, and it gets adjusted, it wants to go back the way it was until it is used to being the way it's suppose to be.

As we get older, we have to maintenence our bodies just like you would an older car. It's not fun, but very much a neccessity! Good Luck!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:23 AM   #3
    janson536
    (male)

janson536 HB User

[QUOTE=mrswhytee]Hello all -

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
    Did you have a neck accident or did you do any repeated forced moves of the neck at work? Do you feel any numbness anywhere on your had, face? Are you taking any medicines? If it is stress do you feel like having a migraine? (pain or strange sensations on one side of the had?)

Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
    mrswhytee
    Inactive
    (female)

mrswhytee HB User

[QUOTE=modrijan]Did you have a neck accident or did you do any repeated forced moves of the neck at work? Do you feel any numbness anywhere on your had, face? Are you taking any medicines? If it is stress do you feel like having a migraine? (pain or strange sensations on one side of the had?)[/QUOTE]

No I haven't had any of those symptoms or taking any medication except Lipitor and that doesn't cause according to the doctor. I went to see an herbologist and she massaged my neck and head and I had a little relief, so I made an appointment with a chiropractor a couple of days later. I got a little bit more relief from that, then I made an appointment with my GP and she and the chiropractor both narrowed this down to stress. My muscles were all tensed and tight. I have been to the chiro. twice and am feeling 95% better but I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. I go to the chiro again this week and am hoping they can get me to 100%. I know stress causes alot of different things and symptoms but I think that since all my symptoms started in November, this one with the head and neck and vision has been the worst. I am trying to keep exercising and reading and whatever else I can find to do. Thanks for replying.

Closed Thread