It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Siatic Pain is killn me. Can you Help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2004, 11:29 PM   #61
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User
    Re: Siatic Pain is killn me. Can you Help?

[QUOTE=Lia813]Lori, I do not see how you did all that yard work. I deadheaded roses yesterday and they are in raised beds but I had to lean over. I had to straighten up every few minutes to get it done. Boy my lower back hurt trying to do that. But it is not hurting today , so no real harm done I hope. Yep you hurt yourself rushing that is when it really happens. I try very hard not to get in a hurry as for one I am so afraid of falling. With this osteoporosis I could break a bone easily and being laid up with a broken bone is surely not my idea of fun. Especially with my husband gone from home 12 hours a day. Oh I don't know about my esophagus today. It is rather back to that feeling of a knife stabbing me in the throat on the right side but still the pain in the chest upon swallowing is better so I'll take that. How I hope it becomes more tolerable within the next few weeks or I guess I will have to do the manometry. We'll have to go to Temple to have it done, 40 miles to our south . My husband will have to take off work to take me a I hate driving on those freeways. He doesn't get paid when he doesn't work, etc. so it is a hassle. Anyway I will have to have a tube shoved down my nose, and into my throat on into my stomach , with no sedation ! It lasts an hour and during it I have to wet (water ) swallow and dry ( saliva ) swallow so that they can measure how the muscle in the esophagus is working. Doesn't that sound like fun?! Can you just imagine how the gag refex will kick in with that? That is why I am really doing everything I can think of to improve here. I do not want to have that test. The endoscopy was no picnic but this is even worse. And then the treatments for esophageal spasms are even worse than the tests. I won't even tell you about them until I find out if I have to have this test and what it shows. I dare not even think of it yet. Hope your back is better . Lia[/QUOTE]

Oh Lia, I was so hopeful for you, maybe it is still getting better, just a bad day. I had the endoscopy too & it was NO picnic, like I told you, I had pain in my chest in front & back for months afterwards. I think they actually bruised me inside.
    I won't even ask what the treatment for your esoph. would be.
    Let's hope these meds are doing the trick.
    My back is sore again. Had to haul a bag of pea gravel to the back yard. Have been using a dolly to haul stuff with, but it was heavy & even with the dolly it put strain on my back. Can't wait all the time for hubby to get home, there are things I need to get done. My collection of cascading petunias came & they needed to be planted like now, so also had to haul some potting soil. They were limp looking from being in the mail. I also had to plant some water lillies I bought & I plant them in pea gravel, that way if they get dumped in the pond, there is no dirt mess in the pond.
    So I've been icing again. I am lucky that my PT helps my back & that I don't have to run to the doctor everytime I get it sore. That was the best 3 months I ever spent when I went to PT. I learned so much about how to help myself with my back. I think we all get degenerative disc disease with age, so most people will suffer from back pain.
    I'm headed for bed, tired tonite & don't want to sleep away the day tomorrow, we have warm weather coming, 80's YEAH!!! Can't wait...
    Talk to you later, keep the faith!!!! I will too. lori j

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #62
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

[QUOTE=GranEEjay8]Hello, bustout123,
    I'm quite new to the boards and am finding it so helpful to realize there are a lot of people in the same boat as you are and that a little help and encouragement help so much. I am just at six months post op and I started having the pain you have discribed. Surgery, by the way was fusion and rods from T10-L5. When I went in to see my surgeon for my six month check-up I told him about it and he said it was probably siatic and we would have to do more testing to be sure. I elected to hold off on that for awhile , 3 back surgeries in 3 years was enough. Anyway, the pain was terrible and when I would try to get up the pain would just about put me on the floor. Talked to my sister and she told me she had the siatic nerve problem and her doctor told her what to try and it is so simple and really does help if you do it regularly. ICE your back every hour for 20 minutes and also do some stretches to pull the muscels in your legs. I do that before I even try to get out of bed in the mornings. It took about 10 days or so and for the most part I have very little pain, still numbness in the foot but I can live with that. Hope you give it a try. Good luck! I do hope this helps you as much as it did me. What it is, is the ice helps take down the inflamation. Again, Good Luck!
    GranEEjay8[/QUOTE]

Icing does wonders & the exercises do too. I was lucky, I avoided surgery about 4 years ago for a herniated disc by going to McKenzie therapy. It worked wonders for me. I have known so many people that still had the pain after surgery that I was willing to try everything else before surgery. Glad you found relief for your sciatica with ice & exercise.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:05 AM   #63
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

My dear Lori you are going to kill yourself with all that yard work !! Hauling pea gravel and potting soil. Oh my , if I did that I just don't know what would happen to me. And all the planting you are doing . I bet it is looking beautiful though. I just hope you don't get a freeze and all of it fall over dead. We are way past the freeze mark thank goodness. I see that our resident armadillo has had a field day out here last nite. That is next on my agenda, cleaning up in its wake. I will just repair where it has dug around the miniature roses and red tips. I will leave the yard part to my husband after his 12 hour work day. Won't he love that. Here we are in the big middle of nowhere , surrounded by prarie land and pastures , now wouldn't you think the varmints would hang out there , where there are no people ?! But nooooooo, they love our house. My husband says it is because they can find shelter from coyotes and the like, getting up under a deck or the porch or house etc. This is getting tiresome indeed as I have a bunch to do that does not include armadillo damage repair. Trying to pack up for San Antono, have to take several shirts and pants as with little ones we are bound to be spilled on a time or two. Then there are the little surprises to gather up that they expect each month. We have them really spoiled. Also we have to take the 2 smallest ones water bottles identical to ours with sticker s on them to differentiate or they drink out of our water. Lord knows the last thing I need is their inevitable running nose, or earache or sore throat. Before we hit on that idea we came back sick everytime. Water tastes better apparently out of our bottles ! Well gotta go and do some yard work. Wish I was planting like you and not doing repair work. Oh and before I forget , fingers crossed here, my esoph. is better again today. Perhaps that is a good sign , good days and bad, they used to be ALL BAD. Will keep you posted. We'll just soldier on. Lia

Old 05-05-2004, 09:25 AM   #64
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

Hi rmb340 , what a time you have had. You are so young . I really hate to hear of young people in such pain . My own daughter was diagnosed with lupus at age 22 and it is too young to get sick, especially with something that has no cure. Thankfully she is in remission now but there have been plenty of bad times with it. You are brave to go thru with the surgery but I suppose after the injections and PT did not help that you were just at the end of your rope. I guess at that point I would have the surgery too though I sure would be scared. I am so glad that the surgery relieved your pain . I don't know what my next step will be , trying to get the esophagus problem fixed before I head down the leg and foot and back pain road. Hopefully the road to recovery for some of these things, someday. Lia

Old 05-07-2004, 11:43 PM   #65
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

[QUOTE=Lia813]My dear Lori you are going to kill yourself with all that yard work !! Hauling pea gravel and potting soil. Oh my , if I did that I just don't know what would happen to me. And all the planting you are doing . I bet it is looking beautiful though. I just hope you don't get a freeze and all of it fall over dead. We are way past the freeze mark thank goodness. I see that our resident armadillo has had a field day out here last nite. That is next on my agenda, cleaning up in its wake. I will just repair where it has dug around the miniature roses and red tips. I will leave the yard part to my husband after his 12 hour work day. Won't he love that. Here we are in the big middle of nowhere , surrounded by prarie land and pastures , now wouldn't you think the varmints would hang out there , where there are no people ?! But nooooooo, they love our house. My husband says it is because they can find shelter from coyotes and the like, getting up under a deck or the porch or house etc. This is getting tiresome indeed as I have a bunch to do that does not include armadillo damage repair. Trying to pack up for San Antono, have to take several shirts and pants as with little ones we are bound to be spilled on a time or two. Then there are the little surprises to gather up that they expect each month. We have them really spoiled. Also we have to take the 2 smallest ones water bottles identical to ours with sticker s on them to differentiate or they drink out of our water. Lord knows the last thing I need is their inevitable running nose, or earache or sore throat. Before we hit on that idea we came back sick everytime. Water tastes better apparently out of our bottles ! Well gotta go and do some yard work. Wish I was planting like you and not doing repair work. Oh and before I forget , fingers crossed here, my esoph. is better again today. Perhaps that is a good sign , good days and bad, they used to be ALL BAD. Will keep you posted. We'll just soldier on. Lia[/QUOTE]

Lia, that is very good news about your esophagus. I think it's on the mend, I really do.
    These grandkids get spoiled but that's what we're for!!! I spoil all of mine too & so does hubby.
    I've been busy, so haven't been here much. Our yard sales have started & I'm sorry to say, I'm totally addicted to them. Went to a whole subdivision sale thursday, it was 75+ homes & it ended up being 92 here that day. Was predicted to be in the 80's. I was so hot & my feet hurt & my back, but I keep trudging along like I'm possessed. I'm paying for it now, my back is so sore.
    I think I need to start walking at the fitness center about March so I'm ready for these darn sales. I found the most darling dresses for the twins & also they had them in a size 5 for the older sister of the twins, they were a dollar each. Found so many nice things, mostly I buy for the grandkids, I do not need another thing in this house, we just had our sale & got rid of tons of stuff.
    Oh, I did buy a new picture for the livingroom over the sofa. My last one I had found at the yard sales too. Where we go to sales is a very Upper class town, they buy only the best & sell it for nothing. I had recently gotten new furniture in the livingroom & have changed decor, so I did need a new large picture. It's fun to go, like an adventure or treasure hunt. Then I had to get the grass cut again today. Geez, was it long again.
    Sunday temps are saying 85 so we think we may get our boat put in at the marina & also we bought a wave runner & my sons are just chomping to try it out!! Hubby just finished putting a ski bar on the boat above the motor & he has it all clean, so I think sunday may be the day we get to put it back in the water. YEAH.
    Have a fun weekend with the grandkids, I know you will. talk to you later.

Old 05-10-2004, 04:17 AM   #66
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

Hey Lori, did you get to put the boat in the water yesterday? Your weather sounds as good as ours. I know ya'll are having fun after being cooped up all Winter. I detest Winter and all the clothes you have to wear , all the extra laundry. I just feel ill all over in Winter too, too hot can be uncomfortable but I don't feel sick in it ! I am not a Winter person, in fact I am too far north just here in Central TX . If we ever move again we are heading further South. I'll swear ever since my thyroid trouble started 10 yrs ago my body temperature has been off. Sigh. My blood just runs cold. What good deals you got at the garage sales, heck yeah let the rich folks buy it new, tire of it shortly and then nearly give it away. I hope you are better from all the trudging about. We had a great weekend in San Antonio, the kids hung on us like crazy as they missed us so much. We were up 19 hours Sat. so we were crazed with exhaustion by the time we got in bed Sat. nite. I just did not know what hurt the most. We feel somewhat better today , but it takes awhile to get over. My husband has gone to work and I'm getting dressed to go buy the weeks groceries. My back, legs and feet are a little better than yesterday and the esophagus has a mind of its own, bad one minute, a little better the next. I'm still far from out of the woods with it and I see the manometry looming in the distance ! Lia

Old 05-11-2004, 02:11 AM   #67
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Hi Lia, yes we got to go on the river for Mothers Day. The day started out horrible though. Our boat was new last year & when we tried to launch it the motor wouldn't start. What's new, I swear nothing ever goes right for us. It was hot & the kids were running wild & the little one under 2, was running near the end of the pier, I was a nervous wreck.
    They got a quick charger from the marina, thought it was the battery. It wasn't. They got it started though & got it to our slip & there we sat all day. Hubby says it's the bendix in the motor, the one owner of the marina says that's very common for it to corrode over the winter, so hubby is going to take it out & clean it one nite this week. Luckily we had our new wave runner, so we relaxed on the boat, we have a bimini top, so we were in shade & there was a nice breeze even though it was horrible in the sun. It was our first time on the new wave runner & my first time on one ever. It is so much fun, I love it. Even the littlest grandkid under 2 went on it & loved it. He would get his life jacket & bring it to me & say "coat" "boat". He was ready to go.
    We had snacks & drinks so we just enjoyed being at the marina & down by the water.
    I am sore too, it's not fun getting old. My back hurts, my legs & my arms. I have been cutting the grass seems like every other day, it's a rider mower, but still, they don't have power steering on them, well hubby said there is one that does, but ours doesn't.
    I need to do something in the winter to keep active besides sit at the computer, once summer comes I jump right into things then everything is sore. I've been icing my back every nite for weeks, cause I overdo all day. Today I got all my water plants in the boat pond in front, once they are all in bloom I should have a boat full of water lillies.
    Also planted a ton of new flowers we bought saturday nite. We went to a Lowes to shop, we don't have one here so had to go about 30 miles south of us & they have the most unusual plants for our area. My d-in-law & I got lemon trees, good sized, about 2 feet tall & real bushy for $14.00, then we got some kind of sego or sega palm. I think it's a house plant for northerners, but I have it on the front deck right now. Had to repot all the water plants in pea gravel, I dont' put any soil in my ponds, if they get dumped, then the water looks awful. So, I was outside all day working. Then had a mess of rocks & dirt to clean up on the back deck, so I was busy all day. I got up really tired & figured I wouldn't do much, but since yard work is my therapy, I don't know when to quit, no matter how tired I get. I finally got a shower & feel much better, but I'm also up way later than I have been lately.
    Sounds like you had a ball for Mothers Day with the g-kids, but also exhausting.
    I sure hope those meds for your esoph. kick in soon & you don't have to have that test. What a mess. It's always something. How did you back hold up for the trip?
    I need to get to bed, I'm up way past my bedtime, but they are predicting lots of bad storms tomorrow, so I can sleep in, not much else to do. They did for today too & all we got was about 5 mins of a short shower. The ground is really dry already & we're behind on rain, so I had to water all the new plants that I've been putting in.
    The midwest is getting hit with storms like they should have in April. I hope they get it over with before June when we will want to be out on the water every weekend.
    Glad you had a nice trip, rest up now. Talk to you later, gotta get to bed!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 02:15 AM   #68
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Lia, just read about manometry, they did say that the nose can be anesthesized with a spray, so that isn't so bad. I had something similar at the ENT doc & I didn't feel the tube at all, but that spray they use leaves your nose feeling totally weird for about several hours. It felt like itchy & numb & just bugged me awful, it wasn't the tube that was bad, it was the spray. Almost like an itch you couldn't scratch til it wore off!

Old 05-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #69
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

Lori, there ya'll sat in a boat that wouldn't go , heehee. That is exactly our luck. It it can go wrong it will with us. Sounds like you all had fun on the wave runner though and I can see you having a heart attack as the 2 yr old ran towards the end of the pier. That would be our 3 yr old. He is afraid of nothing. He just scares me to death. He runs everywhere he goes and takes the hardest falls , gets up , doesn't cry , just says uh oh and takes off running again ! I've been hearing about all ya'lls storms . Oh boy we have them here too and I have spent many a time in the tub , which is NOT comfortable or in the hall covered up with pillows and couch cushions and the like. I always grab my purse, flashlight, weather radio , car keys ( like I am gonna have a car left, heehee ) , and a glass of wine. I don't even drink but I figure if I am gonna blow away it'll take the edge off. I head to whatever passes for safety here in this house. Boy it is scary stuff. Surely I hope you do not have a lot of threatening weather out on that water. Your ponds sound like they are gonna be beautiful . I do not know how you are doing so much work , yard work hurts me , the feet and legs and anymore the back. My husband loves to work in the yard, it is a good thing as we are on two acres. Unfortunately he works lots of hours and is too tired much of the time to do it. We are above average for rainfall which is odd and welcome. All summer we trudge around out there with the hose and water our trees and shrubs and flowers. We do it on a Sat. or Sun. and it takes a good 6 hours. The grass we just have to let go . It is too big.I'm giving my esophagus until the end of the week to heal ( yeah right ) and then I am gonna have to call the Dr to schedule the manometry. That numbing spray in my throat helped with the endoscopy , though the sedation did nothing for me . This time there is no sedation and I will ask if they use the spray in the nose. I'd as soon walk out in traffic as do this. Next time I will post about our friend on the coasts lemon tree. Just beautiful. Lia

Old 05-11-2004, 07:40 PM   #70
    katenyc5
    (female)

katenyc5 HB User

Lia,

Hi ... I've been reading your posts and I hope you don't mind my "2 cents" being put in here.

I'm dealing with my own back issues -- L5/S1 herniation [2 times] -- now DDD of that disc, spinal stenosis, etc. etc. Dealing with this nagging pain every single day.

Wanted to write to you, though, because I also have had esophagael problems. Mine started back in September, after taking a round of Celebrex [for joint pain] and Bactrim [for bronchitis] at the same time. I started getting a horrible burning in my chest/esophagus. Sometimes my throat would hurt and be hoarse. I went through all the tests -- endoscopy [basically showed nothing wrong], 24 ph test, manometry, gastric emptying study -- you name it, I did it. All tests were normal. I went from Nexium to Aciphex to Protonix to Prilosec -- took all the PPI's with no relief at all. I doubled up on them, quit drinking coffee ,modified my diet to eliminate any and all reflux triggers, and nothing worked. I felt like I was going out of my mind and that I was in some medical blackhole. I couldn't understand why the PPI drugs helped about 90% of the reflux population [or more] but why they did nothing for me.

I then went to get a second opinion -- and the GI doctor said "stop all tests, you don't have reflux." He then told me that he believed I had "nerd" -- non-erosive reflux disease, which can also be called "sensitive esophagus." He said that it's a neuro-muscular problem -- the hard-wiring between the brain and the esophagus & stomach is malfunctioning. He said it's not serious, as it won't cause any esophagael damage. [Even though it is painful.] He told me to avoid eating fatty foods [He put me on Librax, which is an anti-spasmodic/anti-anxiety drug and I took it for about 2 weeks and did feel better. But then I read that Librax had addictive tendencies and that it was a pretty serious drug that could not be stopped quickly or it could cause seizures, and I got worried and decided that I did not want to take it long-term. My burning came back and I lived with it for another few months. All this time, I was still taking Nexium. I guess I had decided not to believe that second doctor and that I still had some incurable reflux thing that no one could figure out. Then I saw yet another doctor and he said the same thing as the 2nd one. I was going to go for even more tests with this doctor [another 24 hour ph test where they put a tube down into your esophagus to test for acid backflow], and to do that, I had to stop taking Nexium for 2 weeks. Well, suddenly during that 2 week period after "stopping" PPI's, I started to feel better. It's been almost 2 months now and I don't have that burning anymore.

I think what I am trying to tell you is that whether your problem may be the same as mine, or not ... that these esophagael issues seem to be episodic. It could be that the Fosamax set off a reaction of sorts in your esophagus -- and if that is true, then I believe it will take some time, but that it will eventually calm itself down again. It's living with it at the time that is difficult, and not knowing "when" it will get better which is the most difficult thing of all.

You wrote that you felt a little better taking Zantac -- I actually felt better with Zantac, too, than I did with the PPI's. Now I realize that the PPI's did nothing for me -- in fact, they may have made things worse. I also now realize that I did not have your typical acid reflux situation, but that there most likely was a neurologic/muscular component there. The doctors were not pulling that theory out of their hats -- there are people out there suffering with that disorder, and they also have episodes of time when they suffer and times when they don't.

I hope for you that the pain ends soon -- and I believe it will eventually end, especially since it does sound like the result of taking Fosamax [which is known to bring on reflux]. Yes, it would be great to be back to our young & healthy bodies again -- I've been dealing with a # of health issues in the last few years myself. I've also found that being stressed out about all of these things only exacerbates the problem and even aids in leading to another new one.

Good luck -- I hope that I helped you at least a little bit.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:35 PM   #71
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Kate, that is good news for Lia, glad you stopped to write about it, I'm sure she'll be happy to read this tomorrow.

Lia, I shouldn't be doing all this yard work, I'm paying for it today royally! I'm sore, really sore. Been icing, but am going to go to bed soon, over tired too, and that stirs up my depression in a bad way too! Seems none of us have only back problems, but other things to deal with too. I wonder which one is the culprit that starts it all? LOL

Not really laughing, it's rather disgusting to be so limited when I have this desire to do these things.

I may get to my sons tomorrow & may not. More storms are predicted, but since sunday we've had not a drop of rain with all their wonderful weather predicting. I wish I could find a job that pays that well & be wrong 99% of the time! LOL

I may just sleep all day tomorrow, my other sons is an hour each way so I will have to see how my back feels, right now I have a loaner car, my van is in for the second time for the same thing, that they could not find the first time, now they say they found it & have a part on order. So, I have this dinky little loaner car that will probably break down on me & I found out today the a/c in it doesn't work!!

Hope you feel better after reading Kates post. See, I knew there was someone else out there with the same problem as you, luckily she found this board & maybe you need to give her post to your doctor & see what he says.

talk to you later.... lori

Old 05-11-2004, 11:49 PM   #72
    GranEEjay8
    (female)

GranEEjay8 HB User

I agree with what everyone else is telling you but in the mean time, to get some relief, try ICEING it. That helps me more than anything. It helps bring down the inflamation and makes it tolerable. It's kind of a pain, but if you can start out and ice 20 minutes every hour for a couple of days. Then you can start cutting back on the time. It took me about 5 days before I was really feeling the differance. Now I ice morning and night and am pretty much keeping the pain under control. Hope you give it a try. It really does help. I know it sounds silly, but if you do it the right way, it will help. I got this information from my sister , who has had sciatic nerve problems for years. Her doctor told her to try it. You could also try doing some gentle stretches, they help too. Hope you are doing better soon.
    GranEEjay8

Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #73
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

To Katenyc5 . THANK YOU for that post. We absolutely don't mind you joining us. We talk about all our ailments in this post and our day to day lives too and laugh and try to have a little fun with it all. Looks like Lori and I hi jacked this whole post but we didn't mean to, just got carried away you know ! Your post has given me much food for thought. I do declare that I think you are on to something. And that Celebrex rang a bell with me as I am on Vioxx , pretty much the same thing, for my arthritic joints. So I suppose I had a double whammy with Vioxx and Fosamax. I swear I do not have the ordinary reflux signs and then when these tests show nothing or as in the Barrium X ray show something, then the endoscopy doesn't ,there has to be a reason for all that. I believe that I do not have GERD nor basic hartburn and have from day one. I am certain that my trouble is esophageal related as this chest pain is only upon swallowing . When it all first started for me I took Zantac and it did nothing , then started on the PPI's and have slowly gone thru all of them and the pain lessened maybe a tiny degree but NEVER has it left. Not one swallow. I bet I have that NERD too . I believe it is muscle related. Now this time taking a handful of pills , 2 PPi's , Zantac and 3 magnesium I thought I was a little better and then I got nauseous probably from all those meds. So yesterday I stayed with 2 prilosec AGAIN only. Now today I am a bit better. Reckon I should ease off the PPI's , or will the rebound reflux I hear about get me if I just quit them cold turkey ? Maybe not since I don't think I even have reflux. You've given me hope. Maybe just maybe I will be able to get over this someday without anymore barbaric tests that show nothing ! Thank you so much and keep showing up over here everyday and keep us company. Boy I have a lot of ailments too, like you , that back and legs and feet. Then add thyroid disease, high BP , high chol, LS ( an autoimmune skin disorder ) and I'm sure I have forgotten something. Thank you for this post and I look forward to continuing to hear of your progress and experiences. I needed that ! Lia

Old 05-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #74
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

Lori, I knew you were gonna be hurting ! I just knew it. I would have been in my coffin by now had I done all you did. I expect you'll be in the bed today and not on the way to your son's. Or worse yet broken down on the side of the road somewhere. I hate that. My husband is a mechanic , but not a car one, a heavy equipment and 18 wheeler mechanic. Do you think he takes care of my car ?? NOT. At this moment it has a shaking to it that he claims not to feel. Well my stars it feels like being inside a washing machine to me, you know he feels it. He does not want to feel it . Would have to work on it then ! Also the hatchback trunk thingy has gone haywire , it closes and locks with some sort of motor and one nite it started doing its thing on its own and ran the battery down, as we slept. His solution , jump start the battery and unplug the fuse for the trunk , so now I can't use the trunk. Oh I could go on and on but I will spare you. I do hope this time your van will be fixed and you will be able to get rid of the cheapo loaner. The side of the road is not a good place to be anymore. If anybody got us they'd be wishing they hadn't , the shape we are in. Boy you are so right , was I glad to see Kate's post. I thought I was the only person in the world with this exact problem. I never get anything ordinary . Never. I printed out her post and I sure am taking it to the Dr , but first I am gonna try it. I am NOT calling to schedule the manometry yet, gonna give her experiences a shot first and see what happens. Then I will have a chat with the doc. I would give nearly anything to be able to tell him I have healed myself, with a little help from my friends. You know it has been so bad that I told my husband , if I was granted one wish , to be rid of one of the jillion ailments I have ,it would be this esophagus trouble. It has been from hell. Before this I would have said the back, leg and feet problem were as bad as it gets and before that the LS. I tell you just when we think we cannot take it anymore something else comes along to knock us down and then we wish for the good ole days of can't take it anymore. Let me know how you are today. Thank goodness you know some exercises to help get you going and I know you ice all the time but I think you are gonna have to take a break too just for a little while anyway. Lia

Old 05-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #75
    Lia813
    Veteran

Lia813 HB User

GraneeJay8 , I am gonna start icing more routinely. I do it on occasion and then stop when I know I should be doing it everyday , off and on all day for awhile. I know that when my knees hurt so much from arthritis that ice packs helped me a lot . I take Vioxx now and have to ice my knees less as the Vioxx helps. But the Vioxx has not done one thing for this back, leg , foot thing. I am gonna start icing more regularly as I do need some relief from this tiresome foot and leg pain . They hurt more than my back itself. Thanks, Lia

Closed Thread