It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Cost for facet blocks?????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2003, 05:26 AM   #1
    ChristinaD
    Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
    Post Cost for facet blocks?????

Hi guys!
    I'm wondering about the cost of my facet joint and trigger point injections. Does anyone know how much they were before your insurance kicked in?
    My total for one round was over 6 thousand dollars, of course my bill was around 6 hundred after insurance but I think that the amount of these injections is crazy!! Does that sound about right?
    Anyone have any input??
    June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
    Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
    Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 05:37 AM   #2
    grizzk62
    Veteran
    (male)

grizzk62 HB User
    Hello,

I don't know how much help I can be. I'm from Idaho so there could be a real cost difference. On the triggers piont injections for me before my insurance pays they cost around 350.00 a session and on the last facet jiont steriods blocks it was around 1800.00 per treatment. Now again that was before my insurance pais and in a different part of the counrty. Which they can be higher in different areas for reasons I'm not sure of. Take good care and hang in there.

Matt

Old 06-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #3
    ChristinaD
    Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
    Thanks for the reply Matt,
    I'm hoping someone will come along from this part of the country. I am not paying until I know I'm not getting ripped off. On the bill it said surgical procedure but that really doesn't mean anything.
    I just know that I don't trust the health system and I find 6 1/2 grand to be quite a bit expensive! There shouldn't be that big of a difference between states!
    June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
    Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
    Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Closed Thread