It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• I'm back, thank you all so much for being there for me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2003, 08:43 AM   #1
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Thumbs up I'm back, thank you all so much for being there for me

Good Morning All,

I promised to be back, and here I am
    I won't desert any of you, I would not be able to exist with out all of you in my life.
    I have alot of things to take care of, so I will be here as much as I can, and I'm sorry that I wasn't here to answer the postings that I have missed, there is no way to catch up now.

I wanted to thank each and everyone of you for all of your advice, suggestions, concern, and most importantly, your support, you have helped me see much clearer, and for that, I'm so very grateful [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

I think God has chosen us for this path in life because we are very strong people, and our purpose is to be able to help others in pain by sharing our experience, and offering support.

Things will work out for all of us, like I said, "things happen for a reason" although life is hard to balance with all of these extra worries, but it will get better in time for all of us.

I'll still be able to pay my main bills, but as far as my credit cards go, I will just have to work something out with them. I have AAA credit now, but my main bills are more important now, and I will just have to deal with not so perfect credit until things look up for me, I guess it's not the end of the world, I can repair my credit later, I have to worry about getting myself better, and just let the rest fall in place.
    I'm meeting with a lawyer on Monday to discuss my financial options at this point.
    At least I'm fortunate enough to now be on my hubby's health insurance, so at least that worked out in my favor.

I tried to get my 401K money to avoid this hardship until my LTD kicks in, and to keep my bills current in the future, but was told by my employer that I don't meet the qualifications set by the IRS (I will be calling the IRS to confirm that), as I would have to produce a foreclosure statement, which will not happen in my lifetime !! I have no intention of missing a single mortgage payment.
    There are a few other exceptions to getting my money, but I also don't fall into that criteria either.
    Don't they understand that this is why I need the money now, I'm trying to avoid any financial mishaps !!!
    not create them Grrrrrrr !!
    I can take out a loan against my 401K, but I don't want to do that, because then I would just be adding another loan payment to the mix.

Seeing how I lost my job, my attorney for my no fault claim has agreed to send a letter to the drivers insurance company asking them if they are willing to settle my claim now, as they are now responsible in the long run for all of my future lost wages, so we shall see how that all plays out....................
    I do intend on paying off all of my credit cards once I receive the settlement money, but if they refuse to settle now, it may not happen until next year, as of right now they are still going through the discovery and deposition stages of the lawsuit, and then I have to wait about 8 months to get a trial date if they choose to go that route.

O.K. enough about my life, I hope that things are going well for all of you today, and that you are all feeling better

I will try mt best to answer some of the questions directed at me in previous postings, so I'm sorry if I miss anybody, if I do, please just start a new thread to me, as it was very hard to catch up on the postings that I missed just directed to me, and as you can all understand, it's impossible for me to relpy to everyone, based on the amount of support you have all offered me, so I once again want to thank each and everyone of you of for helping me in my time of need, and I care deeply about all of you, and wish you all the best.

L5S1,

You asked me about if I have tried out swimming in my pool, I haven't been able to yet, as we still have the cover on due to the crappy weather the north east has been having.
    It's only 58 degrees here now, but I expect to see warmer weather in the next few weeks, so I will let you know then if it helps me out.
    I do love to lean my back against the water jet, it's like a mini massage, so I'm looking forward to it.
    How are your muscles feeling since the yardwork ?
    I hope you continue to see improvement, you are so due to get back to normal.
    Thank you so much for being there for me, you know how much I appreciate it, and I will always be here for you as well.

W Baker,

Thank you so much for starting that new thread, and for caring about me, you also know that I only want the best for you as well.
    I can tell you that going out yesterday for those few beers really helped me forget about my problems, I just stuck my problems way back in my brain, and pretended that all was well, so I did have a very good time, and it was nice to not think about my back pain only if it was only temporary, and I also had quite a few for you as well.
    Did your pre-testing go well ?
    Just keep thinking that relief is on the way for you, and hopefully these days waiting will just go flying by for you, I sure hope so.

Successtory,

Great news on the SSDI money, I sure hope that you can get out and have some fun with it, and that you do something special for yourself, you sure worked hard for it, and it was a long time coming.
    Thank you so much for offering to help me, you are so kind, but I could never accept your generosity, you are such a special person for offering, and I really appreciate the thought.
    My parents even want me to borrow money from them, but I can't expect them to supplement my income, I'm an adult, and got myself into this mess, I will just have to find a way out of this mess, but I will be fine one of these days, I just know that things will work out for me, it will just be tough hanging in there, but I can do it, I promise you that.
    I hope things are going well with the new career training, and with your back, and are you still writing that book we discussed ?
    I'm sure it would be a top seller.

Tiddgys,

I think I know you from a different board, at least I think I do.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, you sure have had a tough time as well, I will be praying very hard that the pain pump works for you, and can relieve your pain.
    Did you fail to fuse ? Is that why they are saying failed fusion, of just because of the continued issues with pain ?
    I always wondered if failed fusion directly meant that a person failed to fuse or if it is meant for people that didn't find success from their surgery.
    I'm fusing just fine, but it's all of the other post-op problems that is bringing me down this road.
    I was wondering, were you approved for SSD or LTD ?
    I sure hope my LTD claim is not denied after the appeal decision, I can't even fathom the thought of that issue popping up.
    Some insurance companies don't care if your doctor says you are totally disabled, they pull out all of the stops to find a way to not pay somebody.
    I'm so sorry that your surgery was a failure.

CJ,

Wow, I can't believe that both of our incomes stop on 6/6, life is so not fair, especially since all we want is to get better, not ruin our entire financial future.
    Does your job offer LTD ?
    Will your job give you more time to return ?
    My job says that I can re-apply when I'm ready to work, but personally, I don't think the future looks so good for them over all, so maybe this is why I lost my job now, as they probably won't be around when I get better.
    My LTD once approved, will pay 60% of my wages for up to two years, and if I get approved for SSD down the road, they will work in conjunction with each other.
    It's a huge financial loss, but some money is better than none.
    My LTD carrier made me apply for SSD back in February, did you already apply ? I already had to go to one exam by their doctors, who also agreed that I shouldn't
    return to work until I'm able, but it's still a long process to get approved even with their doctor on my side.
    You can only collect SSD if your doctor states that most likely you won't be able to return to work after a years time period, I haven't asked my doctor to state that, because I see no way that he can predict that now at six months post-op.
    I sure hope that you can find relief, have you gotten a second opinion yet ?
    Is surgery an option for you ?
    I pray that you will start to feel better soon.

This part is directed to the girls that asked me about my uterine ablation that I had done on Thursday, I'm sorry guys to be discussing this on the back boards, but it is health related.

Lisa, LSpine, Brenda,

The procedure was a piece of cake, as I was sleeping.
    I had major horrible cramping until yesterday morning, then the cramping stopped, I also threw up when I got home, I guess that was an extra bonus.
    I have to say, I love my heating pad.

This procedure was fully covered my my insurer, you have to have a documented abnormal bleeding problem or other related conditions to have the procedure done.
    I have menorrhagia, which is basically abnormal bleeding, so please ask your doctor about this option.
    It totally destroys the lining of the uterus, so there is no way to reverse what I had done, but I'm done having children, so I'm not worried. One child is working just fine for me.
    I most likely won't know the results for at least a cycle or two, but I'm hoping for a great outcome.
    In case I forget to get back to you all, please ask me in a month or two, and I will let you know how I made out.
    I'm not sure of the cost, but I will let you all know once I get my EOB from my insurer, I'm curious as well.

Well, as usual, this was a long posting, quite normal for me.

I'm so sorry if I missed anybody that asked me any questions, but there are just to many people to address individually, and I'm sure that you can understand how hard that would be for me to do with all of the postings I had to catch up on.

I love you all like you are my own family members, and will never forget how much each and every one of you were here to support me, I will do my best to help any of you in any way that I can.

I hope that you are all feeling better today, and that you all have a very peaceful weekend, I'm praying very hard that one day we can all be sharing our success stories

Have a fun weekend as well

I think that each member here is very special, and you are all the best in the world, please always remember that.

Take Care,
    Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------
    Two level laminectomy fusion L5-S1 & L2-3 done on 12/6/02.
    Fifteen inch scar from the very top of butt crack (sorry), to the bra line.
    BAK cages, rods & screws.(Titanium)
    My pelvic bone was used for grafting.
    Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.
    Doc didn't want to fuse four levels, unless it is really necessary.
    I would hate to repeat the surgery, as the recovery period, is so very painful.
    I also have a free fragment in my T11-12 area, that I'm still refusing surgery for, at this point in time.
    That surgery is way too dangerous for me to consider, until if affects my being able to walk.

[This message has been edited by BAXTER (edited 05-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
    Bcorica

Bcorica HB User
    Hi Baxter

I am so glad that you are back. I missed you my dear friend, and I am sorry this is happening to you. I know you are having a rough time right now, but you are a fighter and you WILL get through this. My [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] tells me that you will be alright, and everything will work out for you in the long run,.. just wait, you'll see!

I am glad that you have a supportive family to stand behind you, so don't feel to proud to ask them.

I am glad everything went good with your procedure that you had on Thursday. When you get through all this mess, and have a chance to settle down, please give me all the details.

Baxter, I feel so bad that this is happening to you, and if I could make it go away, I would. You are strong, and I know you will get through this. It doesn't help that you are having all these obstacles thrown at you, but you will get through it, and will be stronger because of it.

Keep your head up high, and be proud that you have made it though all of this so far. And if you get through this, you will be able to get through anything [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif[/img]

Take Care,
    Brenda [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Bcorica (edited 05-31-2003).]
    July 2002: EMG
    Feb 2003: Prolotherapy
    March 2003: Discogram, Showed left posterolateral radial tear @ L4-L5 and more diffuse annular tear @ L5-S1.
    April 2003: Transforamital Injection
    May 2003: Intra-Discal Injection, Finally got some relief from the hip, groin, butt and leg pain. This injection worked the best!
    May 2003: Second Opinion, Doctor Suggested Disc Replacement as my only option.
    May 2003: Postponed Nucleoplasty
    June 2003: Went to Psychiatrist for depression.
    July 2003 - Present: Trying to take one day at a time, and learning to adapt to a new way of life.

Old 05-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Hi Brenda,

Thanks so much for the support and encouragement, it really does get me through the day [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]
    I have to say, it feels so good to be back, it was only a short few days that I was away, but I missed you all so much, and was always thinking about all of you.

The procedure is quite simple, you can do a search online for uterine ablation, and it will give you the breakdown, all I had to deal with was the terrible cramping, and I came through just fine.
    They used the Therma Choice uterine balloon therapy for me.
    The results differ on each website that I visited, some claim 80% success rate, while others claim 60% or so.
    According to my doctor, 80% of her patients never had a period again, so maybe I'll get lucky.

So, I see that you are having the nucleoplasty done on 6/16, I think that is great news [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img] and I'm praying that this will relieve all of your pain

I wasn't a candidate for it, but my doctor says it's way better than the IDET, and has a better success rate. I've done alot of research on it in the past, and I'm sure that you are now doing the same.
    I think it's a great move on your part, if it's not as successful as you like, then you can at least say that you tried everything to avoid a fusion, and I know that you don't want to go that route.

Besides praying for you, I'll keep my fingers and toes croosed for you on 6/16 [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

Thank you so much for being there for me, I'm here for you whenever you need me [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

Take Care,
    Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img]

------------------
    Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.
    I also have a free fragment in my T11-12 area, that I'm still refusing surgery for, at this point in time.
    That surgery is way too dangerous for me to consider, until if affects my being able to walk.

Old 05-31-2003, 12:24 PM   #4
    L5S1
    (male)

L5S1 HB User
    Hi Baxter

I am glad you you have returned to this board. We have missed you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get through this rough time!!!!

On your 401K, of course, you can make withdrawls anytime, but there are tax penalties on these withdrawls. I have looked up the situation about tax free withdrawls (section 457 of the IRS code) and it does allow tax free withdrawls for severe illness or accident. Unfortunately, the IRS code does not allow for emergency withdrawls if there will be an future insurance reimbursements. I would definetly discuss this with your lawyer to see if you can fit within these guidelines.

It took me a couple days to recover from the yard work last week, but with the help of heat and my TENS unit my back muscles are doing better. My hot tub is currently not working but I know what you mean about the jets massaging your back muscles. It does feel gooood!!!

I know you have alot of posts to reply to so I will keep this short.

I pray you will feel better soon [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]
    2 Nerve Root Blocks (no effect)
    L5/S1 Posterior Fusion with hardware (no BAK cages due to lack of disk space) - August 2002
    Right side hardware removed due to loose screw and rod rubbing against facet joint - March 2003
    Sciatica returned 8/03 - Tried Neurontin and Elavil - Eased sciatica but could not tolerate medicine.
    11/03 MRI of cervical and thorasic spine

Old 05-31-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
    isillyme
    (female)

isillyme HB User
    Smile

Hi Baxter
    It is good to see you back, I have been thinking of you this whole week. Please take care of yourself, I know the frustrations you are going thru all to well. I have a court date on Thursday and I am getting kind of nervous about it, but I am hoping the judge tells the insurance company to pay for my surgery as well. I have been sending you warm positive vibes I hope you have been receiving them. Talk to you soon. [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
    wbaker68
    Veteran

wbaker68 HB User
    Baxter: Glad to see your back. If your claim is worth the limits of the other drivers limits and they don't pay, your attorney can then file a bad faith claim against the carrier. So if your claim is worth that much, again I am not sure that I read what the limits are, but if they are high enough and its worth it he should mention bad faith in his demand letter. Good luck on that end.

As far as things with me, things have gone down hill last few days with my right leg beg. to cause me a lot of problems again. It had been pretty stable since my epdiural, but its pretty bad right now. Foot won't stop throbbing and twitching when sitting upright and driving, which is tough being the right foot. Thigh and butt area are very sore sitting upright and standing. Sitting in recliner I can minimize pain but now I am worried that stimulator isn't going to be enough. Looks like I need another epidural injection and not sure how thats going to fit in with stimulator. Going to talk to doc on Monday. Already let them know last week that 2 lead were going to be necessary and they agreed b/c of increased leg pain.

Will see what they say about leg now and stimulator.

L4-5 DDD
    L5-S1 herniated
    5/14--trial stimulator implant(went well enough for full implant)
    6/11/03--full implant(medtronic)
    Hopefully to hold on for ADR

Old 05-31-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
    BAXTER
    Inactive

BAXTER HB User
    Hi All,

L5S1,

Wow, it sure feels so good to be back, and I was glad to hear that your muscle pain has lessened, now lets just make sure that you don't over due things anymore

Thank you so much for the IRS info. I really appreciate all of your advice and input, you are so kind to be helping me out. Please let me know if I can ever offer you anything in return. I realized there would be tax penalties, but I never knew that the criteria was so difficult to meet as far as withdrawing my own money.
    As long as I'm willing to take the tax hits, why should they care what I do with my money !! Grrrr !!
    I will do some more checking on this matter, but it doesn't look like I'll have much luck, but at least I tried.

I'm so glad that the tens unit helps you, I have mine on now, as I usually do.
    I found out from my no fault carrier on Thursday, that they were not able to pay the tens unit bill after all, she had thought she paid for it months ago, but didn't, now the claim has been exhausted, so it will be billed to BCBS and I will have to pay the 20%, as they only cover 80% of medical equipment, what's another bill added to the pile, just my luck !

So, you lucky guy, a hot tub, I'm so jealous, I have heard they are great for back pain.
    I think I will add one of those to my wish list.

I hope that you continue to have good results with the hardware removal, and one of these days we can swap success stories.
    I'm so glad that you are here for us, especially since you are now feeling so well, it just goes to show you what a great person that you are, you should be proud of your accomplishments, and I'm so grateful to have you in my corner.

Isillyme,

I can feel the vibes from here, thank you so much, I sure hope you received my vibes back in return.

I will be praying really hard that Thursdays court date goes in your favor, please keep us posted, I'm looking forward to you receiving some good news.
    You have been very patient, and good things always come to those who wait [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

I wish I could be at the hearing, I'd sure love to give them a piece of my mind regarding this whole W/C system and blast them for what they have put you through.

I'm sending some good luck your way right now, so please be on the look out.

W Baker,

I'm so sorry that your leg pain is acting up again
    I sure hope that you can have another epidural to keep the pain level down until the stimulator is implanted.
    Did the trial stimulator address the pain all the way down to your foot ? if so, I would hope that the double lead will cover alot more of an area, resulting in better pain control for you, at least that's what I'm praying for you to see.

Thank you for the tip on the bad faith claim, I will mention that to my attorney the next time I talk to him.
    The coverage on the drivers policy is $300,000, my attorney of course says my injuries and pain and suffering are worth alot more, especially now that they have to take into considering lost wages now that the no fault claim has been exhausted, but as you know, we can only go after what the policy limits, unless I choose to sue them personally, which I won't do.
    I'm getting so worried about my bills, that I'd probably even settle for $50,000 at this point, just so I can pay some stuff off and concentrate on my recovery.
    You would think they would jump at the chance to settle, but we all know how insurance companies love to hoard their money.

Based on your experience, have you ever seen an insurer offer to settle for less money in advance of a trial date, or do you think they all wait until the very last minute before trial to settle ?
    I'm just wondering what your take is on that issue, that is if you don't mind me asking. I hope I worded my question correctly, as it looks funny when I read it back to myself.

As far as your leg pain, does a heating pad provide any relief ?
    I know I have to elevate my legs very high to just get a little relief, and I was wondering if you have tried this as well.

I sure hope things go well for you before the implant on 6/11, you don't deserve this extra pain right now !!

Doesn't it always seem that we are at our worst on the weekends or late evenings when our doctors are not around !!

Please keep me posted on what the doctor says on Monday.

I hope that you are all having a very relaxing weekend [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif[/img] and that things improve very soon for all of you.

Be Well,
    Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------

Old 06-01-2003, 02:23 AM   #8
    Chelley8401

Chelley8401 HB User
    Hello, Baxter!
    So glad to see you back on the board. I'm sorry you're going through such a terrible ordeal my friend. I wish there was something I could do to help, but know that I am praying for you. I know how frustrating this is, and how easily it can get us down. It's a long and painful fight, and many times we want to throw in the towel, but we cant. We cant let the pain win. You ever need support, or a shoulder to lean on, I have 2 at your disposal. You are a very strong and brave woman and you've been an inspiration and a source of strength to so many people here on this board, myself included. I also went through the same issues which led to your recent procedure. Mine resulted in a different outcome, but it is no longer an issue. I do hope you are feeling better. If there's ever a time you need to chat, please know I am here for you. You're often in my thoughts, and always in my prayers. Take care! Chelley
    Had spinal tap 3/02 to treat severe high pressure headaches. Having NEVER had back issues before LP, I am now being treated for severe joing and nerve damage And DDD, First ESI, 2/25/03. Second ESI, 3/18/03. Third ESI, 4/8/03. SI/Facet joint injections, 5/6/03.

Old 06-01-2003, 04:09 AM   #9
    I'M ONLY 18 !!!!!!

Hi Baxter, i read your posts all the time and i think it's so great how much time an effort you put into making other people feel better whilst you have problems of your own. i dont post much beacuse i dont really know much cos i havent had my op yet but reading everyones posts has taught me a lot. Well i just wanted to say its great how much everyone on her supports each other.... i hope all works out well for you beacause you deserve it!!!

Old 06-01-2003, 04:10 AM   #10
    I'M ONLY 18 !!!!!!

Hi Baxter, i read your posts all the time and i think it's so great how much time an effort you put into making other people feel better whilst you have problems of your own. i dont post much beacuse i dont really know much cos i havent had my op yet but reading everyones posts has taught me a lot. Well i just wanted to say its great how much everyone on her supports each other.... i hope all works out well for you beacause you deserve it!!!

------------------
    * Injured back 12/12/01 at work lifting BBQ's and outdoor furniture.
    *Couldnt walk for two weeks
    * Went to P/T twice a week
    * Went to a rehab hospital twice a week
    *Both gave me no relief for 15 months
    * Ortho diagnosed me with
    - DDD
    - Shuermanns Disease
    - Bulging disc at L5-S1
    sent me to see Neuro
    * Neuro wants to perform Laminectomy,Discectomy,L5-S1 and fusion with Hardawre.
    I'm very scared and unsure whether to go ahead all up ive seen 5 surgeons who all agree with the surgery.

Old 06-01-2003, 05:39 AM   #11
    cnasandy38

cnasandy38 HB User
    Wink

hi baxter glad to see ya back!!!!im still feeling sore and achy, cant get off my pain pills yet, thought by now id be able to....well, finally got a letter from s.s. my second round they denied me, which i knew they would, my lawyer never sent down my info on my surgery so they think im able to work grrrrr!!! so now i have to appeal again, that will be another long process....didnt do much this weekend was suppose to go to big race sat, but the cancelled due to the rain......well you take care and hang in there talk soon!!!sandy

Old 06-01-2003, 09:04 AM   #12
    jdog
    Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
    Baxter -

I hope that everything works out for you. My job is my only release besides my weekly massage. If I couldn't do it, I couldn't handle it. You are such a strong person.

I hope that I can get through all my back problems like you and somehow survive. If I don't, I think all of us here need to pool our money, buy a compound in Florida, and move down and hire full time medical help for all of us. Sort of a Spinal Problems City.

jdog

Old 06-01-2003, 03:36 PM   #13
    wbaker68
    Veteran

wbaker68 HB User
    Baxter:

Yes, ins. co.'s usually make a low ball offer prior to trial. The prob. a insurance company can run into though, as I indicated in other post to you is if its a sure conclusion that your case is worth more than the limits than they MUST pay you now, otherwise they are acting in bad faith and can be subjected to paying you much much. I just don't know enough about your case or about value of cases in your area as every state is different as to value of a case. Hard to believe it, but one could be injured in one state with same injury and worth more. Its not that its actually worth more, its just that because of previous jury decisions the vaules are different.

So, if based upon the fact that now there is going to be a wage claim, plus your surgery to back and the recovery and prognosis, good chance your case is prob. worth the limits. So I hope the your attorney is correct and its worth more than limits and the carrier is forced to pay up. Again, if case is worth more, attorney should be mentioning bad faith in demand letter as a scare tactic so they know you aren't messing around. Hopefully the insurance company's attorney involved will agree to the fact and this will be resolved sooner, rather than later. Do you have a trial date set? Sorry if not very helpful, but I really try to watch what I say because I really can't give legal advice as your in a state I am not barred in.

Main thing is it just matters on what your case is worth so you just have to trust your attorney on that.

Good luck.
    L4-5 DDD
    L5-S1 herniated

Old 06-01-2003, 03:47 PM   #14
    wbaker68
    Veteran

wbaker68 HB User
    as far as my problems with leg, unfort. I don't think stimulator will do anything for it as I start losing the feeling in foot as day goes on, feeling will still be lost even with it, just will help with pain. Just not sure now if they will cancel stimulator in favor of epidural first. Nothing going right at this time.

------------------
    Auto Accident Aug 1988
    L3-4 disectomy 1989
    L3-4 now re-herniated
    L4-5 DDD
    L5-S1 herniated
    6/11/03--scheduled for full implant(medtronic)
    L4-5 DDD
    L5-S1 herniated

Old 06-01-2003, 04:39 PM   #15
    mokita
    Inactive

mokita HB User
    Unhappy

Hi Wbaker.

Sorry you are hurting so much. Have you discussed another epidural w/ your doctor? It would seem they could work one in before the implant if they try. There are many 3rd epi's scheduled (at least where I am) that don't pan out as the others either didn't work (so, surgery or other proc) or they did, so they're cancelled.

I hope things work out for you with the leg pain. Best case, the stim will help so much with your back pain that the leg pain will ease up with your better outlook from pain-relief. (?) Did that make any sense at all!? [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif[/img] Hope angels and good wishes help a little!

Take good care! You are so very helpful... I know I appreciate reading your posts - always informative and caring.

Karen

------------------
    9/22/00 24 hour labor, baby posterior, left tailbone killing me
    12/00 MRI - PCP said nothing amiss - but, had to begin taking vicodin
    2/8/02 - 2nd baby born after long, painful pregnance as weight gain
    2000-11/02 various PT + pain meds
    11/02 Referred to Neuro
    3/03 NEW MRI - shows slight bulge L3-L4,slight DDD Neuro Refers to PM for ESI
    3/03 PM Doc orders ESI
    3/21,4/1,4/8 - ESI's no help
    5/9 - Discogram - shows Tear L4 w/ significant leak onto nerves, DDD
    Doc sched NEW discogram 'cuz performing doc oversedated, False Negative
    New Consult w/ Dept Head Cleveland Clinic 7/8

Closed Thread