It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• L5-S1 hemilaminectomy with microdiscectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2003, 10:12 AM   #31
    nordon
    (female)

nordon HB User
    Smile

Hi Tra! Hi Di! Hi ddp11!

Tra, I was up because I just couldn't sleep. Not because of pain, though! These last few nights I haven't been able to sleep through the night - I go to bed around 11 and wake up at 2am, and then I feel really restless and too awake to stay in bed any longer. Bummer. So I took some Tylenol PM and got to bed around 4am.

You're right about the differences between the hemilaminectomy and laminectomy. With the hemilami only a very small portion of the lamina is removed, just enough to gain access to the disc space.

Let's see, I can give you lots of tips on what to expect and how to prepare yourself when you're back at home. You should probably only be in the hospital overnight, and while you're still there, you should be able to be up and walking the halls as much as you can tolerate it. When you get your ride home, try to lie down in the back of the car. The reason I say that is because I've been told (even though it's "old school") that you shouldn't do ANY sitting for the 6 weeks after surgery. Sitting puts more pressure on the spine and can affect the healing process. I haven't done any sitting at all and I'm thinking that is part of the reason I'm doing so well. Well, except on the toilet - but that's it! I've been either walking around or lying down in bed (we've got a Tempurpedic mattress which is heaven to be on). Also, no bending at the waist - very important! No lifting anything more than 10 pounds (gallon of milk weighs 8 pounds) so that you don't put any undue pressure on that disc - you don't want to reherniate. Yikes.

Try to set up your home before you go to surgery. Get a few good books - you'll have plenty of time to read. Do you have children? Try to get all the help you can with childcare, dogcare, catcare, whatever. You won't be able to bend over and pick anything up - for 6 weeks! You would benefit from getting a reacher/grabber thing that you can get from a drugstore - they cost (mine did anyway) about $25 but so worth it. I use mine all the time to pick up things that I drop (it's amazing how many thing's you'll drop ), and also to straighten up, like socks on the floor - just little things. You won't be able to put on your own socks or shoes for the first week or so (because you shouldn't bend) so your husband will probably need to help you with that. After that if you can get your ankle up on your thigh you can get your socks on, as long as you keep your spine straight. I got a loofah on a stick to help wash my legs and feet in the shower - they cost about 4 bucks at the store I went to. Get some washclothes out to use - it'll be a while before you can bend over the sink. If you have to lean over the sink, bend at the hips, NOT the waist, and bend your knees to help with that. Also, get out clothing that is easy to put on and off in a place that you can access easily - like a high shelf, or the top of your dresser. I've been wearing sweats and yoga pants this entire time! You won't be glamourous but smart.

Tighten your abdominal muscles every time to get up out of bed, turn, or do anything, really, because this will aid in keeping your spine stable. (If you had PT you'll know this.) If you aren't sure how to get in and out of bed correctly, ask your nurse at the hospital before you go home. Always move yourself as a unit - keep your back straight, and keep your shoulders in the same parallel line as your hips. That way you won't put any strain on the disc by twisting.

Your pain will be the worst during the first several days, but it gets much better. I wasn't taking anything for pain after the first week except my usual meds like a mulitvitamin and glucosamine supplement - also ibuprofen here and there. Be sure to take the pain medicine before the pain gets too bad.

I thought I wouldn't get bored (boredom is a frame of mind) and I've been pretty good until now. Now I'm sick of not getting out and doing anything. But I keep telling myself that this is MY time to HEAL and that it is so incredibly worth this 6 weeks of ultimate down time to get my normal life back!

Well, that's a start! [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] My fingers are tired of typing for now. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know! You are going to do great.

------------------
    Had right pain down butt/leg/toes for over 2 years.
    MRI confirmed L5-S1 disc herniation
    Discogram confirmed L5-S1 disc tear
    Tried chiro, PT, epi steriod injections, more PT... to no avail
    Insurance denied IDET
    Had L5-S1 hemilaminectomy with microdiscectomy on 2/18/03 - now pain free!!!
    L5-S1 ALIF 6/30/12 - back pain is GONE!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #32
    nordon
    (female)

nordon HB User
    Lightbulb

Tra - I just realized that you're the one who was asking about medication for sleep! How funny. And here I was last night not able to sleep... well, now you know what works for me!

Oh, another thing - if you can, put your computer up on something so you can stand and type. I'm addicted to the internet and would go nuts if I couldn't check my email and look things up on the internet during this time. My husband put the monitor up on an old small suitcase, and the keyboard is on a small footstool. Books would work, too. And check out Netflix online for movies - it's great if you have a DVD player. I love it.

[This message has been edited by etoile du nord (edited 03-13-2003).]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #33
    ddp11
    (female)

ddp11 HB User
    Hi etoile! Hi Di! Hi Tra!
    Welcome Tra! I saw another one of your posts and realized you are about to go through almost the exact same situation as I went through about a month ago. I had a laminectomy/discectomy for a large herniation at the L4-L5 level. I also had the herniation for a long time and was told that I was beyond conversative measures of treatment and surgery was my only option. I think you will be very happy with your choice! Etoile gave you some great advice in her last post and I agree with everything she said!
    The surgery is really not all that bad--you'll have a few "bad" days right after surgery, but the pain is very manageable with medication. Just like etoile, I was completely off of pain medication after one week. I think a lot of the success of the recovery comes with approaching the whole ordeal with a positive attitude--it's amazing what the "power of positive thinking" can do for you! You'll have your ups and your downs during your recovery and that's why this board is here--to talk to others who are going through or have gone through the same thing.
    I'm hoping to get my release to go back to work next week--that will be 4 1/2 weeks post op. for me, so we'll see if that happens or not.
    I had a meeting for work today that I was allowed to attend and etoile, let's just say that your suggestion of not sitting at all is a good one!! We had a few breaks throughout the day, but after about 15 minutes of sitting, I got very uncomfortable. I guess it's good that I don't have a desk job where I have to sit all day....
    It sounds like you guys are both having trouble sleeping as well. I think I've only had one good night sleep since my surgery.... I haven't tried any medication yet, but maybe I'll give Tylenol PM a shot. I wake up pretty much every time I change positions in bed b/c I still have to think about how I want to roll over if that makes sense.
    Anyway, Tra, if you have any more questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. I wish I would have found this board before my surgery so I knew what to expect!! Plus, not only are we all going through similar situations, but we are all going through this at a YOUNG age--I'm 23. I didn't think problems like this were supposed to happen to us "youngsters!"
    Shows how much I know!
    As I said before, I think you will be very happy that you decided to go through with it. Good luck and be sure to let us know how everything goes!

[This message has been edited by ddp11 (edited 03-13-2003).]

Old 03-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #34
    ruth ann
    (female)

ruth ann HB User
    Hi, ddp and etoile, and
    Welcome, Tra!

It's so nice to read your posts here. I wish I'd known about everything you mentioned in your post, etoile, about how to prepare for arrival home after surgery. Everything you said was absolutely right. I was completely befuddled as to how to put on my underpants, until a nurse told me about that nifty "grabber".

I don't think you mentioned the toilet seat riser, which I also had to order after I realized that I needed it. My surgery was at L5 - S1, so maybe my situation was different, but it was almost impossible for me to sit to go to the bathroom for the 1st 2 wks. The toilet seat riser was like a modern miracle for me!

I also wish I'd known I wouldn't be able to shower for a whole week after surgery until the stitches came out. The washclothes you mentioned, etoile, are a great idea. Also, moistened towlettes.

And, of course, Shave Your Legs before surgery. I finally was able to shave my legs a few days ago for the 1st time since surgery. After almost a month, my legs were quite a sight!

Tra, you're going to feel so much better after you do this. Just keep a positive attitude, know what to expect, and keep posting! You have very supportive friends here! Take care, - di

Old 03-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #35
    nordon
    (female)

nordon HB User
    Cool

Hi ladies!
    Di, I'm sorry you weren't able to sit on the toilet for the first little while. Luckily I didn't have that problem. I got some Nair for my legs since I go nuts if my legs are stubbly - but that stuff is a pain, too. Now I'm able to shave my legs but it takes a lot of time and patience with all the lifing and holding of my legs so that I don't bend.

My surgeon used stuff called Durabond on my incision rather than sutures - it's like a skin glue to keep the incision together. But either way you should have been able to shower! Hmmm. That surprises me that your surgeon told you that you couldn't shower until they were out. Well, every doctor has his or her own way of doing things, I suppose. The last bit of the Durabond just fell off a couple days ago, and the incision finally looks like it's almost healed. I bought some Mederma to see if I can minimize the scar.

Do you guys ever feel like you need to crack your back? I've always been a back-cracker - maybe that's not such a good thing... I've been having this sensation that my spine is creaky. I'm paranoid that the disc space is too small now and that the vertebrae are going to start to sit on top of each other. I overdid it today - I helped my husband with some laundry (just transferring it from washer to dryer) and some dishes. Bad idea. I feel okay right now, so maybe I'm just being paranoid. Also, I've been picking up my cats more often, which is a bad idea since they probably weigh around 12 to 15 pounds. I think so, anyway. I've got 4 of them and a white German shepherd! I can't wait to take him to the dog park again and take him for walks. He's the best dog ever - super cuddly and playful. All of our pets have kept me from getting lonely all these days at home alone during the day. I'm glad I have you all, too.

I swear, I've told myself a million times that "it's only been 5 days" "it's only been 2 weeks" and so on... I always have to remind myself that I'm not finished healing and that I need to just be patient and give myself more time. It's hard, though, sometimes!

Take it easy! Sorry I've rambled on... [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 02:27 AM   #36
    Traweaver

Traweaver HB User
    Good Morning Gals!

Thanks for all the information!! I am taking notes and am sending my hubby out for some things. The nurse did mention the toilet seat riser. I am not sure if it will be a problem for me, but may get it just in case. I just have to remember not to twist when getting the paper because my roll is mounted off to the side of the "thrown." I am not going to have stitches taken out. The doc said he is having the stitches on the inside and they will disolve. SOunds good to me!

Well, I am still trying to get the magic potion right for sleep. I took two percocet (okay by nurse) and a muscle relaxer last night and fell asleep around 10. I was up at 1:30. I took one more and fell back to sleep. Then up at 4:00. The pain is just relentless at this point with no anti-inflammatories. (Sorry to bring back the nightmare)After I woke at four I started to walk it off. I got really faint, and sick to my stomach. I actually thought I was going to toss my cookies and hurried to the bathroom. I was able to keep it together, but looked in the mirror and was white! I managed to lay down for another 30 minutes and then got some food. I am better now and am getting ready for work.

JEEPERS!! (as we say in a first grade class) I am so over this!! Only days away now. I have to tell my students I am going to be out for six weeks today. I am not looking forward to it. I know they will be sad. I am giving them my home address so they can write to me. I'll have plenty of time to write to them I figure.

Thanks for the support ladies! And make sure you keep taking it easy!! No over doing it yet!!
    Have a great day!
    Tra
    Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Old 03-14-2003, 04:46 AM   #37
    ddp11
    (female)

ddp11 HB User
    Good morning everyone,
    Tra, good luck with telling your class about your absence. I'm sure they will be missing you for that time, but just think, when you return, you will be a new, improved, even more energetic teacher!!
    Great advice again etoile and di. I, too, wasn't allowed to shower for the first 12 days--I couldn't get my incision wet at all! I guess it all depends on the preference of the physician. I had to go see my doctor to get my stitches out 12 days post-op. I'm paranoid about my scar, but people are telling me it's not too bad. Mine's about 3 inches long--what about yours di and etoile? Etoile, does Mederma work? I've heard mixed things about it, so I didn't want to spend money on it if it doesn't work.
    Di and etoile, just out of curiosity, do you have ANY pain at all similar to your pre-op pain down your leg? Mine seemed almost gone for awhile and now it's back--seems very similar to the pre-op sciatica. My surgeon told me the nerve is going to take a LONG time to heal, but I'm wondering how long is "long"?
    Other than that pain and some tingling in my other leg though, I feel great! My back feels really good and I have so much more mobility. I still can't really bend or lift things, but also haven't tried since the surgery.
    Etoile, yes, I have the same urge to crack my back! I almost did it at my meeting yesterday, but my friend saw me beginning to twist and she stopped me and told me not to do that--I'm glad she did!!
    Di, when are you going back to work? I noticed in another post you mentioned something about an 11 hour flight! Has your doc. given you the "okay" to travel? I have a trip I want to go on next weekend--it will be a 4-hour drive for me... I really want to go, so I think I may go and just stop and stretch every half hour or so.
    Well, have a nice day everyone!

[This message has been edited by ddp11 (edited 03-14-2003).]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:35 AM   #38
    ruth ann
    (female)

ruth ann HB User
    Good morning, ddp, etoile and Tra!

Tra, I think sometimes the Percocet can actually make it harder to sleep. Right after surgery, when I was taking Percocet 3 times a day, I had a very hard time sleeping. I asked my dr., and he said it was very possibly due to the Percocet. That was just my experience.

Sounds like you're really preparing well for your big day, Tra. It will be such a relief for you not to have to worry about all of this after surgery. At that point, you must use all of your energy to get better. Another thing to expect (we may have mentioned it), is that post-op, you can really only deal comfortably with things that are waist level or higher. For me it helped a lot having things, for example, in the refrigerator, placed on shelves that I could reach without bending. Also, nothing in heavy containers, like 1/2 gallon containers of milk or water. And make sure you have shoes you don't need to tie, because you won't be able to do that for a while.

I think it's great that your students know why you'll be away. I'm sure they will be very supportive. For me, this was something which helped hasten my good mood and recovery after surgery - the get well cards, and thoughtful calls once I got home. For children of that age, I'm sure it makes them feel very important and grown-up that you've shared with them this part of your life.

ddp and etoile - no, I don't feel the need to crack my back, but then I didn't before surgery either. Yes, the pain comes back often in various forms - sometimes as the old leg pain, sometimes as a new ache in the lower back. This is usually after sitting for a long time, or overexerting myself. We really are healing still, and I'm sure this is normal.

I plan to take a very generous amount of time before I return to work - several months. This is mostly because I work in Europe and the trip back is, indeed, a grueling 11 hrs. My job involves a lot of sitting, and is very high stress. So I want to be well healed before I go back. Mine is a workers' comp. injury, and although my doc. will probably release me for "light duty" soon, there isn't "light duty" available at what I do. The insurance carrier handling my case says that in such a situation, I will continue receiving temp. disability payments, which is an enormous relief to me.

Well, I've really gone on here. Take care, ladies!
    - di

Old 03-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #39
    nordon
    (female)

nordon HB User
    Smile

Good morning you guys!
    Wow, we have a second page, now!

Tra I'm sorry you're having such a problem getting some good sleep. Di is right that Percocet can make it harder to get good sleep - it has kept me awake in the past. You might want to give benadryl a try! I'm a lightweight with it - I take a half a tablet which is only 12.5mg and I'm out for the count.

I got the Mederma thinking that it may help, but I don't know exactly how well it'll work. I think my incision is too new to use it yet. I put it on it yesterday and since then it has ITCHED like crazy. Part of the incision isn't totally healed, so I won't be using it for another couple of weeks. I have a scar on my forehead from a few years ago when I fainted and fell flat on my head on the bathroom tile. So I'm using it on that, too! My incision is about an inch long, just slightly over (my husband measured it). But man, it sure itches... sign of good healing, I hope.

Di I think you're wise to take lots of time off. I'm still considering asking my doctor for an extra couple weeks, but the short term disability ends April 1. At least we were able to save some money - oh, and tax money is coming, too. I just don't know, and I guess time will tell. There isn't a light duty part of my work, either, unless my manager needs some paperwork done - but that means sitting. I'm up and moving pretty much the whole time that I'm working, which is good, but there are plenty of times that I need to bend and lift as well. There are always people around to help (usually, if it's not too busy) and everyone at work knows that I have a bad back (well, not anymore!!!) and are super helpful. It's amazing that the final injury to my back wasn't from work, but rather when I moved into my house.

I, too, have some dull pain in the same areas I did pre-op. Mainly in the butt and toes. It doesn't last long, and is not nearly what it was before surgery. My nurse said it was totally normal and that it's the nerve that needs time to heal. How much time? Who knows. It probably varies from patient to patient.

Well, it's finally getting warm! It's in the 50s right now, so I can go for a nice walk without even having to wear a hat. I hope you have a really good day, everyone! [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by etoile du nord (edited 03-14-2003).]

Old 03-14-2003, 09:54 AM   #40
    Rosarita

Rosarita HB User
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and trying to learn how to use the computer. I managed to kick myself off a second ago. Let's try this again.

It seems that everyone has so many helpful tips and I've been jotting them down. I've been having trouble sitting down since early December. Can't sit on my right side, can't sit flat, left side is sore but I'm having pain on that side now anyway. I'm ready to sit on my head. My surgery is scheduled for April 9. Operating on L3-S1 (3 diskectomies, 2 laminectomies, 2 hemilaminectomies). Docs say its going to take a long time. What's a long time? They won't say. Anyone in cyberland have an idea or an estimate?

Read all the postings about not bending and all the helpful tips but I would like to know how did you all handle that time of the month? My husband will do anything for me but that's a bit much! Don't mean to be gross but somebody help me! ( Would use the yuk face but don't know to yet). Gotta go before I'm kicked off again.

Rosarita

Old 03-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #41
    ddp11
    (female)

ddp11 HB User
    Hi Rosarita and welcome! You came to the right place. We've all had similar surgeries, although yours sounds a bit more involved than the rest of ours. My surgery only took about an hour--I had a laminectomy and discectomy, but only on one disc, so I have no idea how long yours will take. As for your question about that time of the month, it's a good one! I had no problems with that at all. I was lucky enough not to get mine until 2 weeks post-op and by that time, I was pretty comfortable and doing more things on my own, so that was not a problem at all. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and as we've been telling Tra (she has surgery next week), please don't hesitate to ask any questions--we're all here to help!
    Di, definitely a good choice on taking some extra time off, especially if you do a lot of sitting with your job. Plus, I just read an article this morning suggesting that people not fly for 3 months after having major surgery to avoid getting blood clots.
    Do you think the doctors will let us have a say in when we go back to work? I am seeing my doctor on Monday and I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to go back to work yet. I am ready in terms of wanting to get out of the house and get back into things, but I'm not sure if my back is ready to handle all that driving.
    Etoile, your incision is only an inch?? You're lucky! My doctor originally said it would be an inch and a half, but I had someone measure mine and it's right around 3 inches... YUK.
    Okay, well, everyone have a great weekend!! Springtime is almost here.... [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #42
    hawks066
    (male)

hawks066 HB User
    Glad you guys are doing well.. I am now a 3 weeks and 1 day post op. It seems we all had surgeries within a week of each other which is neat. Mine was a hemilaminectomy with partial discectomy at L4-5. I am getting the same things as you guys are.. Someone said they have pain on the opposite side of where the original problem was after surgery, I am dealing with that a bit too. I had it after my first surgery too, but it went away then.. It's still nagging me a little bit off and on but am hoping it will go away just like the prior time did.

I get pressure in my hamstring area/behind me knee every now and then. It doesn't last, and it usually happens when I sit down. I hope this goes away also.

About the Perocet... My experience with it is that it makes me NOT sleep. When I take a pill or 2, I'm awake until 3 in the morning if I take them late. It's a wonder drug besides that aspect I guess.

I can't wait to go see the surgeon for my follow up appt on Monday.. I am excited to go but somewhat scared of the tests he will do. I just hope I pass them with little or no pain. If I get that sharp traveling pain down my left leg again, that I don't know what to do. I haven't bent over in months it seems like now.

I guess i'm excited to also go because I want to start physical therapy/water therapy. I am going to request it! Being locked inside all day has me going crazy, and with a newborn baby, the stress of not being able to work and provide for my family is causing major anxiety. The doctor prescribed me xanax.. about a month's dose.. Has anyone had experience with this? It seems to make me fuzzy more then anything.. Calms me down, and i'm not getting the nervous attacks that send me running to the bathroom anymore.. That was going on for a couple days earlier this week.

Take Care
    Jesse

Old 03-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #43
    hawks066
    (male)

hawks066 HB User
    ddp11,

Yea.. my first incision was a little less then an inch for the MED process... The I had to go in for the open micro discectomy and he said the incision would be a little bigger.. Well.. This one is a little over 2 inches.. But comparing the 2 in the mirror, the first one looks so good while the 2nd one looks good but its bigger and more of a scare

Old 03-14-2003, 05:02 PM   #44
    Rosarita

Rosarita HB User
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and new to computers. Please forgive me for being computer dumb. Thanx for all the info. I've been writing a shopping list for all the things I'm going to needs. Lower back surgery scheduled for April 9: spinal stenosis; dehydrating disks so I'll be having 3 diskectomies, 2 laminectomies, 2 hemilaminectomies from L3 - S1. It's going to be a blast. I'm already having trouble with sitting down and have been since early December. Since I sit on my left side so much or lay on it, I'm sore. I'm ready to sit on my head. One day I was driving and had such a bad pain, I tried to drive standing up...didn't work.

When is the best time to post? I live in California and I seem so behind, or out of the loop so to say.

I do have a question and since everyone is so helpful and honest, I thought I'll give it a shot. Since you can't bend after surgery and they'll be operating on 4 of my vertebrae and 3 disks, how would one handle that time of the month? I know this is grosss but we're all adults. My husband will do anything for me but there is a limit. I want to reschedule my surgery until after my hysterectomy, which will be 20 years from now. I'm really freaking out over this. SOMEBODY HELP ME!

I hope I'm not kicked off the boards. I just figured out how to get on. I'm also trying to figure out how to use the smilies. Also, is anyone else having trouble with toes, feet/legs jerking and then their upper extremities jerking? It's so annoying especially when you're trying to sleep. Also, when I'm still it feels like bugs are running all over my lower body. Would like to know if I'm the only one.

Thanks everyone! Be Well!
    Rosarita

Old 03-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #45
    nordon
    (female)

nordon HB User
    Talking

Hi everyone!

Well, this is turning into quite a party!

Rosarita, you are doing well with the computer so far. Note that you have two posts, so far, so don't worry about needing to repeat anything - we're getting it! Did you get ddp11's response about "that" time of the month? You will be sore, for sure, but hopefully you will be able to reach your underwear without bending. Try to bend at the hips (NOT the waist) and bend your knees and you should be okay. Maybe pads will be the way to go. I like your sense of humor!

Post anytime - we're all checking in periodically. I've posted at all times of day - even in the middle of the night.

The pains you are having sound familiar except for the arm spasms. I hope you have great success with your surgery - 3 levels! Wow [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif[/img] [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif[/img] Just be sure to give yourself all the patience you can, and don't do anything strenous at all. Read the previous posts here on the advice we've given Tra to give you an idea of what to expect. Your surgeon may be a bit more stringent on your activity restrictions since your surgery is a little more involved that what we've been talking about - single disc surgery.

Jesse, I'm excited to see what your surgeon tells you at your appointment. I'm getting anxious for my follow-up, too, and it's not until March 24th, which will be 5 weeks post-op. I think you and I had surgery right around the very same time. I've seen your other posts, and I'm glad you're doing well. This is your third, right? Did this one do the trick? I hope so [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif[/img]

I love the smilies legend, can you tell?

Well, I hope everyone has a good weekend. It's spring weather, finally!!! I hope all the snow melts and doesn't come back until November. Take it easy

------------------
    Had right pain down butt/leg/toes for over 2 years.
    MRI confirmed L5-S1 disc herniation
    Discogram confirmed L5-S1 disc tear
    Tried chiro, PT, epi steriod injections, more PT... to no avail
    Insurance denied IDET
    Had L5-S1 hemilaminectomy with microdiscectomy on 2/18/03 - now pain free!!!

Closed Thread