It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Do they alway have to do a laminectomy with a discectomy????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #1
    ChristinaD
    Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
    Post Do they alway have to do a laminectomy with a discectomy????

I was wondering, do they alway have to do a laminectomy when they do a discectomy? I am having a discectomy Friday and he never mentioned a laminectomy but I always notice that almost everyone who has had a discectomy on this board has the laminectomy thrown in there! I would know if I needed this too, right?? He never mentioned this.
    What is the laminectomy used for?

Christina [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------
    27 years old
    1993: T1 to L1 fusion due to scoliosis at age 17
    2000: Tore and ruptured L4 L5 & L5 S1-it finally got better after about a year. Did really well for about a year.
    June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
    Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
    Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!
    June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
    Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
    Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread