It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Pregnancy post-spinal fusion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2003, 01:11 AM   #1
    Mim7935

Mim7935 HB User
    Post Pregnancy post-spinal fusion

Hi, does anyone have any information about being pregnant after having a spinal fusion? I am a 26 year old female. I had a spinal fusion 1 year ago today, L4-L5-S1. My back pain started when I was about 16 weeks pregnant, over 3 years ago. It wasn't correctly diagnosed for about 18 months, as it was thought to be normal pregnancy back pain. I was found to have a grade I spondylolisthesis, with a slipped disc causing back pain and sciatica. I am apprehensive about getting pregnant again, because of what happened last time. I was told to wait 12-18 months after the spinal fusion. I have now been told to wait another year. The only thing I know about being pregnant is that I will have to rest a lot (as well as looking after a child, who is currently 2.5), and the back pain may be worse or better, and I have to have a caesarean. Can anyone tell me what it is like to be pregnant after having a spinal fusion, as I have no idea what to expect, or what to do to prepare for it!! Thanks, Mim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread