It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

I could use some advice

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Terri43 HB User
Unhappy I could use some advice

I could use some advice

Ok to start off i'm under workmans comp. this is my MRI [email protected] C3-4 there is a diffuse somewhat irregular bulging disk that is eccentric to the left. the disk extends back and impinges upon the anterior aspect of the cord. AP diameter is 8 mm at this level. C4-5 there is a diffuse bulging disk symmetrical, with AP diameter of the cord 8 [email protected] C5-6 there is diffuse bulging disk that is eccentric to the right. there is bilateral nerve root foraminal narrowing, but worse on right than on left. the AP diameter of the canal is 9mm.

there is diffusely bulging disks @ L3-4 and small central disk hernation at L2-3.

My problem is my primary doctor wants me to see a Neurosurgen. workman comp is dragging their feet. I have very severe pain in both arms with pins and needles all the time and weakness in mt arms. my legs I have sharp burning pain down my legs more on the left. and part of my right leg. How bad does this sound and any ideas on how to get workman comp to take care of my problem. it is almost 2 months and still just taking pills. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 08-23-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 152
Stormy01 HB User
Re: I could use some advice

With an MRI result like that I'd be screaming my head off to see a Neuro. You have a lawyer right? If you don't, you'd best get one. They all work off commission so don't worry about affording one. Get the best one you can find and get him/her to start sending some nasty letters. The longer you wait on this, the more permenant damage is going to be done to the nerves. If you do have a Lawyer and this is still the case? I'd fire that one and find another. That's my advice.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Terri43 HB User
Unhappy Re: I could use some advice

Ok my workmans comp dr told me to go to PT for 4 weeks. I took my presciption to PT and they looked at my MRI and refused to touch me. They said they could make my problem worse. I'm still waiting on a neurosurgen. and i got a lawyer he seems to be on the ball, but out of town this week. I will give more info when I get some.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #4
injured betty
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,137
injured betty HB User
Re: I could use some advice

Terri: Don't freak out. If it were that bad they would have you in surgery as they don't want to pay for permanant damage. If they won't do the PT, then find an osteopath who works with backs only. They do manipulations.

Do you have loss of bodily functions? If not, then you are not in danger right now.

If you hire an attorney, then you have to split your money. Wouldn't you rather try to tackle it yourself?

You only get one back. I would set up appointments with specialists such as a Neurologist, mark the work related box on the forms and then bill OWCP when the bills come in.

You can get the Neurologist to do an EMG. That should help figure out what is going on with the nerves. If you wait to see the Neurosurgeon, they may suggest surgery. I would go with a Neurologist first.

They must have you on some kind of meds. Try Alleve.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Terri43 HB User
Unhappy Re: I could use some advice

WC sent me to a neurologist that sent me for PT again. I work for the rehab center that does the PT and they said the last time they did PT it made it worse. now they said no. have the surgery first but WC hasn't given to ok for the surgen. I'm on mobic,skelaxin,percocet during the day and oxycontin at night. plus ice and heat most of the time. everyone that saw the MRI said surgey. it's just wc dragging their feet. I just want to get back to my job.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Beware of advice in books and newspaper articles etc.. JohnR41 Healthy Lifestyle 1 02-21-2009 10:38 AM
My Advice...... pipermac Weight Loss 13 01-07-2006 12:34 PM
Best Place to go for advice for mental/life JonAlbertson Depression 5 03-09-2005 07:08 PM
why dont i listen to my own advice?? brett24 Depression 13 02-12-2005 03:55 PM
parent needs advice about teenagers brittsmom8 Parenting Issues 10 01-14-2005 07:28 AM
The Best advice i could give someone with acne is...____???? i am a guy Acne 6 10-15-2004 07:18 PM
Advice Please!!! Fallen2love Relationship Health 23 10-08-2004 03:10 PM
BAD Advice for the Truly Depressed Jamie Silent Depression 14 09-22-2003 03:27 PM
Bad Advice for the TRULY Depressed Jamie Silent Mental Health 3 09-08-2003 12:27 PM
Starting a Colon Cleansing Program. Advice appreciated. Thanks extended Please Read lawman1457 Bowel Disorders 7 01-09-2003 05:09 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is Off
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!