It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• post-microdiscectomy leg pain??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #1
    jewelly

jewelly HB User
    post-microdiscectomy leg pain??

hi folks,
    i hurt my back in an unknown way last june, i had severe back pain that radiated down my right leg. I was off work for 2 months and did alot of physio as well as one selective nerve root block. things got better very slowly and i returned to work with only minimal sciatica in my right leg.
    Well, one morning last week i woke up with SEVERE right leg pain down to my ankle. I went to the er and ended up in the hospital for 5 days awaiting surgery-while i was there the pain became worse as well as nombness and muscle weakness(canada health care system).I finally had a microdiscectomy of l5s1 5 days ago. I felt immediate relief of the pressure to my leg. My recovery has been going really wel except today i developed this nervy right calf pain, although this does feel different than before, i am so scared that this whole problem is returning.
    has anyone had similiar experiences with this?pls share
    tx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2004, 05:57 AM   #2
    GB79

GB79 HB User
    Re: post-microdiscectomy leg pain??

Jewelly,

I totally understand your pain. I too had a micr disc (SI-L5) 3 months ago. I had leg pain post op for about 2 months in the location you have now (calf). Too let you know, my pain started going away after two months and now it is barely noticeable.

The pain I have now is in my back. It gets worse the longer I sit. I've been doing physio and strengthening my back. At times I get discouraged but I'm hoping to make a full recovery.

I too am Canadian and have been frustrated with the system. Hang in there, things will get better. My understanding is that it takes a very long time to recover.

GB

Closed Thread