It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• help me understand please.........

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
    chinchang

chinchang HB User
    Question help me understand please.........

There is an anatomic alignment of the lumbar vertebral bodies. Superior end plate Schmorl's node formation at the T12 and L1 levels are appreciated. Reactive end plate changes about the L4/5 and L5/S1 level are identifiable. The spinal cord terminates at a normal L1 level. Dessication of disc signal at the L3/4, 4/5, 5/1 levels is appreciated. At the L1/2 level and the L2/3 level no significant central canal or neuroforaminal narrowing is identified. At the L3/4 level there is Broadbase disc disease noted with subligamentous increase signal suggesting subligamentous tear. This results in a mild central canal narrowing and mild bilaterally neuroforaminal narrowing. At the L4/5 level broadbase disc disease is appreciated as well. Again mild to moderate bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing is noted. At the L5/S1 level a sizable disc herniation ios appreciated with retropulsed free fragment extending in a right paracentral position. This herniation is right paracentral in location and extends for an anterior to a posterior dimension of approximately 1.1 cm. This markedly compresses the existing nerve root on the right and results in a significant central canal stenosis as well. The left neuroforamina at the L5/S1 level is moderately narrowed due to a backdrop of broadbase disc disease.

impression: Mild broadbase disc disease of the L3/4 and L4/5 levels. Significant right poaracentral herniation with free fragment at the L5/S1 level. Severe central canal stenosis as well as neuroforaminal narrowing on the right is appreciated at this level.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
    injured betty
    Inactive
    (female)

injured betty HB User
    Re: help me understand please.........

It is easy to take the phrases that you don't understand and put them into a search engine by cutting and pasting. There are lots of sites on the net that address all of these symptoms and possible treatments.

good luck

Mild broadbase disc disease of the L3/4 and L4/5 levels

Significant right poaracentral herniation with free fragment at the L5/S1 level

Severe central canal stenosis as well as neuroforaminal narrowing on the right

Closed Thread