It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• 11-yr old MRI for Spinal Curve progression and possible tethered cord...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
    kippy6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kippy6 HB User
    11-yr old MRI for Spinal Curve progression and possible tethered cord...

I was wondering if any of you have ever had a tethered spinal cord. My daughter has started a slight limp, and other little symptoms. Her congenital curve has always been 40 degrees. All of a sudden now, it has increased to 47 degrees.

She's having a MRI on Tuesday at the Children's Hospital. They are also evaluating for Chiari formation at the base of her skull. Franjo, I have talked to you about a year or so ago. I would appreciate any of your comments too, as I noticed on your signature that you have Chiari.

If anyone could offer personal accounts of symptoms you've had with a tethered spinal cord, I'd appreciate it -- just to see if my daughter is experiencing the same thing.

Thanks,

Kippy

Last edited by kippy6; 11-07-2004 at 08:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
    beachgirl01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

beachgirl01 HB User
    Re: 11-yr old MRI for Spinal Curve progression and possible tethered cord...

Hi there,
    I am sorry your daughter is going through this. I don't have any information on this sort of thing and as it seems neither does anybody else. Maybe you would be better starting a thread in Spinal Cord disorders. I wish you the best and good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. I would also like to know what the MRI shows if you don't mind sharing. Take care. Kristy.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
    kippy6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kippy6 HB User

Thank you Kristy. I'm having trouble getting any responses for this issue. I have posted on the Back Problems site before, since my DD has Congenital Scoliosis.

However, this time I've posted my question on Bone Disorders, Spinal Cord Problems, and the Back Problems Boards. Haven't received any responses yet. Wish someone could help me. Thanks for your response though. Have a good evening.

Kippy

Old 11-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
    beachgirl01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

beachgirl01 HB User

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't finding anybody to help you out a bit. I would suggest posting again, some people miss posts. I know with myself it has worked before. Try to do some searches on the net and see what info comes up. Take care and good luck. Kristy.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #5
    essies

essies HB User

MY daughter has scoliosis it was found when she was 9 years old the curve was at 35 degrees so they tried the bracing but it di dnot work the curve kept progressing. In 2002 during a routine MRI they discovered she also had a chiari she had surgery for it. Since than she has had 2 spinal fusions for her scoliosis. They also thought she had thethered spine but she did not. She is now 13 years old and sees the orthapedic surgeon and the neourosurgeon every 6 months. I hope your daughter does not have to go through what my daughter did because it is very hard for a child to understand what and why. I wish you all the best.

Closed Thread