It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Back problems=neck problems=headaches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2004, 04:16 AM   #1
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Back problems=neck problems=headaches?

Is this true that back problems/neck problems can cause ongoing headaches no matter what med you take? I have had this headache for 5 days now (off and on-more on though) and my neck and back have REALLY been bothering me. Is it normal to have a headache from this? What can I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 05:18 AM   #2
    Brenygirl
    (female)

Brenygirl HB User
    Re: Back problems=neck problems=headaches?

You could try pushing your forhead against your hand & counting to 10 a few times. Then do it the same with the sides & back of your head. Also touching your chin to your chest & counting to 10. They had me doing this in therapy for muscle spasms I was getting. I got them so bad that it would sound like explosions going off in my head (felt like it too ) It relieved my headaches some, but now I do not have the muscle spasms in my neck like before, & nothing seems to help ......the pillow does at times, seems to take the pressure off my neck from having to hold my head up.

If you find any relief please let me know

ren

Old 11-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
    mel1977
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel1977 HB User

Yes, you can have headaches from these things. When I had by back injury two years ago I got many headaches. They went away after my micro. Now, this year, I knew something was going on too b/c they returned. but this time, not only is it back related, but neck too (bulges in both and pinched nerve in neck and then some). when I get a headache either i rub my temples or have my hubby rub them (and my back sometimes). The only other thing I do is take Motrin or Tylenol (or a generic equivilent). HOpe you get to feeling better.
    Oh, try a warm bath, light off with soft music or non at all. You can also try lying down in a dark quiet room.

Old 11-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
    FUNKYHEADGIRL
    (female)

FUNKYHEADGIRL HB User

I've had neck problems ever since a car wreck over 10 years ago. Just recently I started getting headaches again but mine are in the very back of my head where the haed and neck kinda meet. I had a cervical MRI recently so hopefully that will get me started on the right track to feeling better!
    Good luck!

Closed Thread