It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• compression fracture still hurting after one year

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
    bstroman

bstroman HB User
    compression fracture still hurting after one year

About one year ago i fell off a roof and the doctor told me that from the xr it appeared I have small compression fractures in the t-8,9 vert. I took some time off from the gym and rested and by the summer my back was feeling better. I started back on a heavy free weight program like before I had the fall and everything seemed fine until last week. My back has become very stiff and pops a lot since the fall, but increased pain as winter is coming on. I relize that the weather has changed in Texas and cold weather can effect a back, but I am not sure if I should go back to dr. The pain from the injury left after about 3 months, but my back has always cracked and popped and remained stiff after the fall. Going to the gym seemed to help it during the spring and summer, but the stiffness has never went away. Any thought would help, at present I do not have very good insurance and do not want to pay out for an mri.

Last edited by bstroman; 11-17-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #2
    lorry96

lorry96 HB User
    Re: compression fracture still hurting after one year

Hi

Once you have a back problem it will always be weak there. If you fracure or break a bone it is very likely you will get aches and pains in the winter. Are you taking anti inflamitory pain killers. they may help. you may have a touch of arthritis where the fracture was.
    Listen to your body if it hurts rest it as much as possible. I am in uk so regarding scans etc it is different here we dont pay. Perhaps would not be a bad idea to go to the doc and see what he says.
    You may also benefit from back exercises you can probably find some on the internet. Make sure they are ones for back problems though as some may aggrivate it.
    Just type in search engine for back pain exercises.

Closed Thread