It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Plif Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
    MNMHUB
    (male)

MNMHUB HB User
    Plif Problems

I Had A L4-l5 Plif Just Over One Yr. Ago Shortly After Coming Home From The Hospital I Went To Sit Down And Felt A Severe Burning, Hurting Sensation That Went From The Insicion Sites Down Both Legs To The Big Toes. Went Back To The Dr He Said I Probaly Ripped Some Surtures. My Pain Is Better Than Before Sugery But Is Still Very Bad 8 Out Of 10 Most Days. I Have Ran The Whole Thing Of Narcotics From Vicodin To Fentanly Patches. Also Have To Have Im Injections Once A Month That Consist Of Serapin, Marcaine, & Some Sort Of Steroid. These Help For About One To Two Weeks Lowering The Pain To About A 5 Out Of 10. What I Would Like To Know Is Has Anyone Else Had This Situation. I Have Recently Went Off All Narcotics, I'm Using Baclofen & Ultram To Not Much Releif. I'm Really Tired Of This. Has Anyone Found Anything That Works?
    Dr. Says I Have A Massive Amount Of Scar Tissue Around The Nerve Roots And Nothing Can Really Be Done To Fix.
    My Dr. Did Not Put Me In A Brace Or Do Phy. Therapy As Most I Have Talked To With Same Plif Did. His Pa Also Told Me Recently That The L3-l4 & L5-s1 Disc Stand A Chance Of Going Due To This Type Of Sugery. I Put Sugery Off For Four Years With The Help Of Pain Meds & Injections. Does Any One Have Any Suggestions? Sorry This Is Lengthy But I Like To Give As Much Info As Possible. I Had A L4-l5 Laminatomy In 1985 & My Pain Management Dr. Says That Surgeon Did Not Do A Very Good Job. It Seems That They All Want To Pass The Buck. Thanks Mnmhub

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread