It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• 10 days P.O.& my leg is in horrible pain!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #16
    mel1977
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel1977 HB User
    Re: 10 days P.O.& my leg is in horrible pain!

I read that if you don't dream, you aren't sleeping as well. Dreams are a sign that you are falling into a deep sleep. I have been taking a benadryl with my meds to help me sleep, the meds usually do a good job for me anyway. I just always have things floating through my head, that is what keeps me from sleeping sound.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 01:41 PM   #17
    "cranky" Laurie
    (female)

"cranky" Laurie HB User

Hi Mel, Freud would have a field day with me too...LOL Isn't there alot of money in dream analysis? *giggles*! As far as your leg goes, I would address it as soon as possible with your Doctors. My leg, thigh, calf, ankle and foot was not causing me nearly as much pain prior to surgery, just pressure, burning and painful numbness (if you can relate to that), but as soon as they had me on my feet after sugery, my whole leg was - - - - - - ! Much different kind of pain, non-stop and brings me to tears as soon as I move it in the morning or anytime. Intense pressure, burning is an understatement and cant stand on it for more than 5 minutes now What gives?
    In my circumstance, my nerve was sooo mangled and compressed for so long, they dont know if there will be any improvement. Once a nerve is dead...it's dead! Thats my biggest fear!
    laurie

Old 12-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #18
    mel1977
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel1977 HB User

I had that general sciatica and some pain down the left leg, but it had gotten a little better. My nerves really were okay, just the DDD was bad in the two discs. when I was up today, I kept having to come off that leg, it not only hurt but at the same time was really uncomfortable. I can't describe it though-not so painful it would bring me to tears though. I will give it a little more time, a week and see what happens. If no change I will call my dr.
    Youknow, my dreams can be so real and cool that I will wake up and then deliberately go back to sleep to pick up and finish the dream! I really should start writing them down. Some dreams I am in, others I watch like a movie. I have a very over active imagination and LOVE movies, always have. Used to be a writer when I was younger, but could never get past chapter one

Closed Thread