It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• ALEVE being pulled now.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2004, 01:15 AM   #16
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User
    Re: ALEVE being pulled now.

I ordered an all natural anti-inflamatory over the internet. If you do a search, you'll find several. It's really helping, it came with a pamphlet & has natural bromelain in it which says it helps to inhibit pro-inflamatory compounds, similar to non-steroidal, anti-inflam drugs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 04:55 AM   #17
    Rhonni
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rhonni HB User

Great Lori... glad it's working for you.

I never order drugs or vitamins over the internet because I'm too worried they won't be sending me what they claim to send me, or that there's other things in the drugs or vitamins that will do harm. Basically I don't trust them. As well, I worry whether the business I'd be ordering from is legit or not. I could send money and never see the product delivered.

Obviously this isn't the case with the site you've found, but how did you know to trust them and their product?

When it comes to medicine and any product which will affect my body, I'll stick with a good old fashioned pharmacist. (Heck I won't even do mail order prescriptions for this reason HA - I guess all those years working for a state Pharmacists Association tainted me.)

Old 12-26-2004, 06:03 AM   #18
    confusedpatient
    (female)

confusedpatient HB User

What do i do with the $200.00 worth of Bextra sitting on a shelf? I filled my scrip a week before surgery, then they told me I shouldn't take it for the next week. Grrrrr!

Old 12-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #19
    sandollar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sandollar HB User

HI,
    I agree with txhunni, I will never order any medications over the internet, natural or not.

As for the Bextra, talk to your pharmacy, maybe they can get you a refund if thier not opened, don't let them keep them if you don't get your money back. They will just throw them away and forget about you. Talk to your doctor as well, and if you have an insurance company. Start a riot! Demand your money back telling them your too scared to take them with all this crap out there about them being on the recall list ( AND why they filled the script and didn't tell you this). Get online, Email Bextra, I'de be jumping hoops for my $200.00 back. In the end you still may have to just eat the $200.00, but at least give yourself a fighting chance. If Bextra was on this list when your script was filled, tell them you want your money back for not being informed or threaten them with a lawyer.
    This is the reason I always tell the Doc, I want a sample first to see if it works, they have plenty, if not, they can get some.
    Good Luck,
    Stardust

Old 12-26-2004, 02:21 PM   #20
    Rhonni
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rhonni HB User

Many companies have issued refunds for unused medications that have been pulled off the market. (Cheaper than the lawsuits).

Ask the pharmacist if they are doing it for Bextra.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:33 PM   #21
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

[QUOTE=TxHunni]Great Lori... glad it's working for you.

I never order drugs or vitamins over the internet because I'm too worried they won't be sending me what they claim to send me, or that there's other things in the drugs or vitamins that will do harm. Basically I don't trust them. As well, I worry whether the business I'd be ordering from is legit or not. I could send money and never see the product delivered.

Obviously this isn't the case with the site you've found, but how did you know to trust them and their product?

When it comes to medicine and any product which will affect my body, I'll stick with a good old fashioned pharmacist. (Heck I won't even do mail order prescriptions for this reason HA - I guess all those years working for a state Pharmacists Association tainted me.)[/QUOTE]

I take a good look around the site, if it's a new one, check out the ingreds in the product I am ordering. If they don't list the ingreds, I wouldn't trust it or order from them. I do have a place that I get vitamins & natural things from in their catalog, but they are now online too, so that place I've ordered from for years.

Well ended up at the doc today, we had xmas yesterday with all the gkids & my son who is a nurse said this inflam. needs something else said it's gone on too long. Got to the doc today & got an anti-inflam, a muscle relaxer & he ordered PT for my back again! PT has helped me every time, so I'm glad he ordered it this time. The big muscles under my shoulder blade are all inflamed, so I knew that I was just stalling the inevitable of seeing the doc.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #22
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

There was a special on last nite about vioxx & they said that bextra hasn't been pulled yet, unless I'm behind the times on that.

Said Merk intends to fight every lawsuit over vioxx individually & each person is going to have to prove their case!!! No class action lawsuits they said! They showed a young guy who took vioxx only a week & suffered a severe heart attack & now lays in the hospital like a vegetable. Merk will be out of business if they try this crap!

Also, this doctor who works for the FDA said there were warning signs quite a while ago bout vioxx & they didn't act on them!!

I'm not even secure taking prescribed meds anymore!! The doctors don't know, if they are approved they prescribe them!!!

Closed Thread