It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• pinched nerve in back

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
    carrie76

carrie76 HB User
    pinched nerve in back

When i had my daughter 10 years ago, i developed a pinched nerve from what the doctor told me was holding her, the diaper bag and my purse all on my left side. Well I never really got treatment for it and now 10 years later it is worse than ever. My question is, if a pinched nerve is left untreated, can the pinched feeling actually travel up on my neck and head? I have alot of numbness not only on my left shoulder where the pinched nerve took place in the beginning, but sometimes i also get it on my left neck and sometimes my left side of my head, esp if i am laying in a awkard postion.
    Any advice would be truly appreciated!
    Thanks, Carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
    carol632
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

carol632 HB User
    Re: pinched nerve in back

Hi, Carrie. The answer is yes, it can certainly cause the symptoms you are having. It is time to see the dr. again and get checked out....maybe have an MRI to see what is going on.
    Be sure to let us know....and good luck!

Carol
    morphine pump

Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
    carrie76

carrie76 HB User
    Re: pinched nerve in back

Hi Carol, thanks for the reply! I was going to the chriopractor for adjustments and went to have a MRI only on my neck, and there was some slight alignment problems, but nothing my doctor was too concerned about. I guess they figure if you dont need surgery, you are okay. One thing my chriopractor did say is that when you have an MRi you are laying in a perfect position so it is really hard to tell what it looks like if you slouch, which I do, or sleep the wrong way which i do sometimes on my belly. I guess the only thing I can think of is going back to the chriopactor again.
    Carrie

Closed Thread