It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Severe pain after ESI

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2005, 05:16 AM   #1
    kwise
    (female)

kwise HB User
    Severe pain after ESI

I had ESi done yesterday. And Im in severe pain/ severe muscle spasms. I know the spasms sometimes goes with it but I hurt really bad. Took 2 demerol and didnt even touch the pain. Has any body had this type of pain after an ESI. I didnt have this type of re action when I got SI injection, or facet Injection. Thank you..Needing some help here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
    avglenn
    (male)

avglenn HB User
    Re: Severe pain after ESI

I also had an ESI done yesterday. I was up quite a bit last might due to pain. Most my pain is in the lower back, and for some reason getting muscle spasms or nerve twitching in my neck /arms , and hands. That seems to be a bit better this morning though. Took a Vicodin 2 hrs ago that didnt due much for my back. All I can think is a small percentage of patients according to my paperwork, their symptoms feel worse for a few days before you feel better. I use ice during the day off & on. Its defenitely hard to find a comfort zone.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #3
    heidi23

heidi23 HB User

[QUOTE=kwise]I had ESi done yesterday. And Im in severe pain/ severe muscle spasms. I know the spasms sometimes goes with it but I hurt really bad. Took 2 demerol and didnt even touch the pain. Has any body had this type of pain after an ESI. I didnt have this type of re action when I got SI injection, or facet Injection. Thank you..Needing some help here [/QUOTE]

When I had acupuncture on my back, that gave me major muscle spasms. Call your doctor and tell him/her what's going on, and ask for some muscle relaxers. Cyclobenzaprine is a good one, and it's a generic. It can make you sleepy though.

The only reaction I had to any of my ESIs was some flu-like symptoms for a couple days after my first one, and some pain in my tailbone, which was relieved by laying down.
    After the first one I never had any problems.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
    AmyNoVA
    (female)

AmyNoVA HB User

Try laying face down on the floor with an ice pack on the area. It was very helpful after mine, especially after the local wore off. Hope y'all feel better!

Amy

Old 03-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
    myspine
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

myspine HB User

Hi there
    I have had a million injections Worst are cervical. Infact i woke up from the one Friday in tears, and I can usually do them without sedation, but they would not let you with the cervical inject. Anyway, the first 24 hours were horrible!!!!!!!!!!! You should start to feel better tomorrow. I told my doc if this is an idea of making the pain go feel better, then I guess they try to make it WORSE so then you think it is better LOL
    Hope you feel better, I truly know how you feel.
    shelley

Closed Thread