It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Degenerative Discs & Pain Management

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #211
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
    Re: Degenerative Discs & Pain Management

Hi, Blessings Goody just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip. I certainly hope you check in here before tomorrow to receive my Bon Voyage. You soak up the sunshine and perhaps you'll return sporting a wonderful tan and a painfree back like Goody. We will miss you and look forward to your post when you return on the 22nd......unless you are able to send us a virtual post card

Have fun in the sun and don't forget to wear your sunscreen & bathing suit....hehehehehehehehe (couldn't help myself) BTW.....how does your pedicure look????? Gonna be nice wearing those sandals again, huh??

((((HUGS))))).......Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2005, 04:29 AM   #212
    BlessingsGalore

BlessingsGalore HB User
    Post Re: Degenerative Discs & Pain Management

Thank you, thank you, thank you GOODY.

I am ready..................but I did such a stupid thing GOODY. I leaned straight over to cut (I groom her) Shug on her tummy and then on her feet and WHAM...........I put myself down like a pine. I was almost feeling HEALED. Only one muscle relaxer a day, no heat and cold and ....NOW.....I had to grab the ICE and I have myself in somewhat of a MESS. What is wrong with me ? It only took a minute or two. I am limping around this morning with pain down both legs. This FACET is some sensitive. I just want to SHOOT myself. Stupid is as STUPID does.

I'll probably check in with you guys on the road somewhere.

I don't do much SUN Goody.............use to be a sun worshipper, but Lupus doesn't like the SUN nor does MELANOMA (hubby). It was a very hard thing to give up, but we just can't afford to do it any longer. I was DARK and GOLDEN for a lot of years ......but no more. A small thing to give up for your life I guess.

I didn't get to get my pedicure either. The shop the kids use is not real close to where I live, so I just couldn't get there. Storms came in here yesterday and I went down like a pine with that and my back, but fortunately, I have everything ready to go. Kids will drop us at airport and pick us up and watch the house.

Please PRAY FOR ME.................................I got ICE on my back immediately...............but I'm going to have a time SITTING........you know that's the hardest thing with FACET...............sitting. After plane trip, then we get a car and drive to Melbourne....................so I pray it will PASS.

I did do a nice pedicure on myself....with hubby's help, and sandals are in the bag.........so I'm off.

You guys have a blessed week.

Goody, I had no idea it was STILL in the 60's there. Lord have mercy girl..when do ya'll get spring ? It has already been 90 here. AND ...I'm not fond of 90 !!

OK.......................I'm outta here. Be Blessed and I'll catch you guys later on in the week hopefully.

I'm ready to get out of DODGE !!!!!!!!!

BLESSINGS for now

Last edited by BlessingsGalore; 05-14-2005 at 04:32 AM.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #213
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

[QUOTE=BlessingsGalore]Thank you, thank you, thank you GOODY.

I am ready..................but I did such a stupid thing GOODY. I leaned straight over to cut (I groom her) Shug on her tummy and then on her feet and WHAM...........I put myself down like a pine. I was almost feeling HEALED. Only one muscle relaxer a day, no heat and cold and ....NOW.....I had to grab the ICE and I have myself in somewhat of a MESS. What is wrong with me ? It only took a minute or two. I am limping around this morning with pain down both legs. This FACET is some sensitive. I just want to SHOOT myself. Stupid is as STUPID does.[/QUOTE]

Please don't be too hard on yourself, Blessings We all do things like that....automatically thinking that when our back feels better that we can do more things that it normally should and forgetting that they are still fragile and can go back out at anytime Look at what Goody did on Easter....when I think back to that....well let's just say that I learned my lesson (No more jumping jacks for this girl ) You are in my prayers and know that you will get up frequently on the plane to make sure that you don't sit too long & I am sure that you have yourself some bulkhead seating with lots of leg room and an aisle seat so that you don't inconvenience anyone.

Wow....only the 60's in Florida....Hmmmmm, that's quite unusual. We may be heading down there to look at a college for our oldest daughter close to Jacksonville....if we do it will have to before June 17th when the summer sessions let out so we can see it in action. Otherwise we may go in the fall or late summer when sessions start up again. Will keep you posted on that.

Anyway.....you have a wonderful time, my friend, and don't worry. The vacation did Goody well in terms of healing the back. I am sure it will do the same for you, my dear friend.

I am going off the muscle relaxant all together tomorrow....so keep your fingers crossed that all goes well with that.

Love & ((((HUGS))))......Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-14-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #214
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Goody, I've lost track of your plans for PT. I believe you said it starts next week. Have the details been finalized yet or do you visit your doctor next week to set up your program?

As I understood one of your posts somewhere, it seemed to say that the PT would take up so much time that you would be posting less. Since you feel laptop bound now , PT should help your spirits soar back up where they belong. Do you picture doing a lot of the PT in your home?

Please keep us informed on how your PT progresses next week. Your quirky friend wants to see you regain your freedom of motion as soon as possible. Knowing you, you'll go at it with such enthusiasm that you might give yourself a setback... so I'm yellin' at you now to not do that to yourself. Take care, my friend

Old 05-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #215
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ Thanks for asking. Yes the PT should be hopefully starting next week or the week after. I had spoken to my doctor's office and we are trying to iron out the glitches......I was injured on the job and have an open workmen's comp case which I was advised to keep open in case I ever needed surgery in leiu of a cash settlement. It has always been important to me that I would insure myself in regard to the future medical needs I would have knowing that it was a progressive disability. And so.....being that it has been 10 years since I went to PT (last time I attended they gave me exercises and taught me how to use the TENS unit and hot packs & ice ~ all of which I can do at home) which WC determined would be more cost efficient by purchasing the TENS unit for me. I must go through the proper steps of reopening my WC files. My doctor thinks that there are more exercises and treatments that may benefit me and so wants me back to PT to be managed and monitored closely so as not to overdo things and I expect eventually to be discharged home unless I need particular equipment to continue in a facility (perhaps WC will purchase me the necessary equipment, although I think geting out will do me good so unless they suggest it I think I'll just go to the gym) So.....since it has been sometime that I have had coverage through WC......there is paperwork and red tape involved in getting the approval and until I get the okay.....they cannot start. My doctor is pushing it.....we have insurance but it is not right to have my private insurance cover something that should be covered by WC. So we are awaiting the paperwork and my doctor is working aggressively on his end in getting everything done as quickly as possible. So I should be hearing something soon. Another problem is that we will start somewhere close to Stony Brook but will need to switch places in June when we move to our summerhome in Center Moriches.....so I am thinking that perhaps it's best I start the end of June if we don't hear anything by the end of this week.

It feels good being able to drive and do some errands but I am [B]forcing[/B] myself not to overdo things and Blessings post above is a clear sign of how important that is. Amazing how God reminds us of things just when we need to hear it. And it has always been a problem for me to realize my limitations.....I have been pretty functional because I have limited myself for the most part, but realize that now I may have to limit myself even more. I really don't like it, but it will keep me from being bedridden and that is what's most important to me. So if I have to make more changes, so be it. My objective is to be able to walk at my daughter's weddings and be able to be independent and strong enough to walk with my grandkids and Tom in our Golden Years together. I need another vision...like the Debeers one to keep me in line.

The PT will take a few hours out of each day between driving & doing what needs to be done. And as you can see, I am doing my darndest to not have any setbacks. But sometimes...we can do everything and still have them (even something as simple as reaching for a towel ), so please understand that, my friend.

I would like to have your input on K. so look for me on that thread. I also am glad to see the progress on the friend's one.

Thanks for checking up on me.....you're a wonderful friend.....Goody

Old 05-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #216
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

[QUOTE=goody2shuz] My objective is to be able to walk at my daughter's weddings and be able to be independent and strong enough to walk with my grandkids and Tom in our Golden Years together. I need another vision...like the Debeers one to keep me in line.[/quote]Thanks for the update, my friend. I picture Grandma Goody, hand-in-hand with her first grand[u]son[/u], strolling along the seashore. Of course, that happens after your daughters’ weddings.

[quote]sometimes...we can do everything and still have them (even something as simple as reaching for a towel ), so please understand that, my friend.[/quote]I’m quite pleased that you have removed the jumping jacks from your lifestyle. I promise not to yell at you if you have a setback; that would be rude… and quirky! I don’t want to be that kind of friend; I want to be the kind you look forward to hearing from.

[quote]I would like to have your input on K. so look for me on that thread. I also am glad to see the progress on the friend's one.[/QUOTE]I'll check back about K when Mrs. H allows me opportunities. On the road to progress together… -Heartland

Old 05-16-2005, 08:09 AM   #217
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Well, my friend, it looks like it’s going to be a quiet week. Take this time to visit with your doctor and start your PT this week. Boredom just tears you to pieces so you need to keep yourself busy in a smart and safe manner. Don’t let frustrations get the best of you. I hope you have locked-in your vision of recovery so it’s able to help you.

Nothing would make me happier than to know that you are improving the condition of your back so that your family can have the best Goody possible. Your boundless enthusiasm needs to be unleashed for Tom and the girls. When you get the chance, I want to hear all about it.

BTW… While tilling the garden yesterday, I thought about some of the problems you have been having with the girls and the heartache it’s caused you. Then it all made sense… from youngest to oldest, use the initials of the females in your family and what do you get??? E.K.G. Keep smiling, my forever friend.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #218
    Ivorygirl
    (female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User

Just came upon this thread & must say that it offers such wonderful support. I am also going through the red tape for PT for DDD as well still awaiting the OK from WC. Perhaps we can compare our progress together. I too, would like to avoid surgery.....seems that even from the info here it's a last resort thing. Hopefully I can start my PT soon.

Well...good luck to all and see you around the boards ~ Ivorygirl

Last edited by Ivorygirl; 05-19-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #219
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Goody, welcome home! How about updates on your brother's and your conditions? Any word from WC yet?

Old 05-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #220
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Hey, there my friend.....I think I got a pretty good idea of what it feels like being in purgatory I don't know who suffered more, me or you But anyway.....thanks so much for the welcome back I need to remember to be more humble in life as well as on the boards!!!

Anyway.....WC is taking their time....I should hear something this week hopefully. With the time I had off I am easing back nicely into performing activities of daily living without overdoing it. We just returned from out east and had a nice relaxing weekend. Finished a wonderful book about relationships called "The Shop On Blossom Street" about 4 women who knit together with totally different personalities who end up becoming very close friends. It was a perfect read for Goody And I think we have a mutual friend who would benefit from it.

I wonder how Blessings trip went.....she should be returning today good thing she was away when I was away doing time. It's great to be back and the week off allowed me to really think about things that I need to do in my life. One of those signs that we know are there to guide us along the way.

I missed you, my friend, and hope all is well......Goody

Old 05-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #221
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Welcome Back Blessings

We hope you had a wonderful, relaxing trip & that your back is feeling better. Please tell us all about it when you return. We missed your wonderful smile and spirit around here.

((((HUGS)))) ~ Goody & friends

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-22-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #222
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

[QUOTE=goody2shuz]I don't know who suffered more, me or you[/QUOTE]I'm sure there were many like me who wondered about you for a whole week. You add a tremendous amount of energy to these boards and I doubt I’m the only one who sensed the boards felt a bit listless without you. I missed your joy for life; I needed an extra cup of coffee each day to make up for it.

Thanks for the update on your brother, too. I think each of you like to live life with your accelerator pedal stuck to the floorboard. Please keep us up-to-date about workman’s comp. –Your reenergized friend.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #223
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]I'm sure there were many like me who wondered about you for a whole week. You add a tremendous amount of energy to these boards and I doubt I’m the only one who sensed the boards felt a bit listless without you. I missed your joy for life; I needed an extra cup of coffee each day to make up for it. [/QUOTE] Thanks....you always know the words this girl needs to hear. Somehow it is quite ironic....I was a bit blue this week, and it didn't just have to do with the boards. I'm trying to figure it out still but poor Tom had to deal with some of my old ways and just before our anniversary. But sure enough in giving advice here it has reaffirmed what I need to do for myself. Somehow it always does.

Also....I just wanted to let you know so that you don't feel as if I have abandoned you, but I have decided to stay off my friends thread for a while and wanted you to know so that you don't feel hurt in anyway. You know whether I am there in posts or not that I am forever on the road with you, my friend. Just feel that things are unfolding as they were meant to is all.

Hope Blessings is doing well......she sounded as if she was in more pain when she left for her vacation. Hopefully she will have some good news to share.

Thanks, Heartland ~ Goody

Old 05-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #224
    BlessingsGalore

BlessingsGalore HB User

Well now....I am STILL alive and kicking......for all who give a care. And much better after the wonderful trip we took

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH what EYE CANDY. From Orlando, went to Hwy 1 and then A1A and went all the way to MIAMI ...MY YAME ME !

Back held up until about Thursday and then I started having some problems. We were doing some pretty full days and lost of RIDING...so I thought that was good. The TENS really really helps me. AS LONG AS I HAVE IT ON....some folks get help even when it's off I understand.

We preboarded on all flights ...took me pillow...oh how that helped and all the meds, heat....yada yada. I crashed and burned yesterday afternoon after returning. Went to bed a 5 PM....got up at 5 AM. Just physically exhausted. WE WENT A LOT....covered a LOT OF TERRITORY...had a LOT OF FUN. Boat cruises in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami to Millionaires Row to see the Stars home was sooooooooooooo much fun.....and a ton of other touristy things.

Ate like pigs.....gotta, gotta do a diet now....but oh how fun it was putting it on.

My health in FLORIDA was GREAT................FIBRO seemed almost non-existant.....and I don't know how I can stay here now .....and live my life in this miserable MS weather in the winter time. Oh, to feel that way upon rising was a huge BLESSING TO BLESSINGS !

I'm really worn out....got loads of clothes to wash...heading out of town again for a camping trip on Thursday, so I'll fill you guys in on the details later....such fun.

Hope you all are fairing well. I checked in a couple of times...but was unable to post because I forgot my password and the service was sooooooo slow..I couldn't deal with it.

Good to be back...and looking forward to chatting with you guys.................

Old 05-23-2005, 09:18 AM   #225
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

[QUOTE=goody2shuz]I have decided to stay off my friends thread for a while and wanted you to know so that you don't feel hurt in anyway. You know whether I am there in posts or not that I am forever on the road with you, my friend. Just feel that things are unfolding as they were meant to is all.[/QUOTE]I agree with this decision. Answering some of the questions made me feel like I needed to provide too much information and was pressing the limits of being on topic. Thanks for understanding my situation, my friend.

Blessings, welcome back! It's good to hear from you and know Florida and MY-YAME-ME treated you well.

Closed Thread