It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Can only wear old shoes. New shoes cause back pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
    Ike123

Ike123 HB User
    Can only wear old shoes. New shoes cause back pain

Has anyone heard of this?

My back seems to be out of alignment to the point that the only time I don't have severe back pain is when I wear shoes that I have owned for a year or more. If I try to wear a new pair of shoes, my body feels abnormal and I experience back pain. It's sort of a tugging feeling and appears to be muscle or nerve pain. My body seems to have a memory for my old shoes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
    ali_moran
    (female)

ali_moran HB User
    Re: Can only wear old shoes. New shoes cause back pain

After my second back surgery I realized that I had to find some slip ons because I couldn't bend over with my back brace on. I started wearing Merrell's. Since then I have tried on only 1 pair of not merrell shoes and my back and whole body started to hurt. I went right back to my merrell's. I hope you can find something that will help you out. Your old shoes probably don't give you great support since you've had them for so long.
    Back pain is the worst!

God Bless,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    April 2005: Just started Bikram Yoga....I am actually starting to have longer periods of time without pain!!! I LOVE BIKRAM YOGA...

March 2005:
    Muscle pain is very bad. My back is so weak!! Doc says I am 100% fused!!!

June 2004,
    Had another fusion with rods and screws, and bone graft.

May 2004,
    Found out that my anterior interbody fusion with cages (and BMP) failed due to my body rejecting the BMP. Cages are moving and I am in a ton of pain!

Last edited by ali_moran; 05-12-2005 at 01:11 PM.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
    Re: Can only wear old shoes. New shoes cause back pain

Everytime I have to "break in" another pair of shoes (usually running shoes) my back hurts until the shoes are broken in. I have to do this about every 6 months as I wear the shoes out wearing to work and to use for plain walking in. I can't run anymore. It doesn't seem to matter if I am breaking in the exact same type or brand of shoe, it happens everytime. Sometimes I buy 2 pairs of shoes that are the exact same if I can find a good value at the outlet store. I've just got used to being more sore and having more pain during the breaking in process. It's the pits though.

Closed Thread