It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• What is Laminectomy ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 AM   #181
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: What is Laminectomy ?

We're going to talk to her about that . My daughter that lives there isnt my wifes daughter . She was my ex-girlfriends . When I was a youngster , My wife and her get along great . Meatloaf ? They were picking on you ? I'll take an alarm clock, They will love me, Im a baby when it comes to pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #182
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

My watch was locked in the safe with my money so it did me no good. I had a little discomfort but no pain. I pushed the button and took whatever they offered me because I was afraid the pain was going to hit. I couldn't believe he had opened me up and put hardware in me---and it didn't hurt! You will probably have Dr Butoi take care of you in the hospital. He's nice, and no accent.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #183
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

I will take a little clock or somthing . I hope my pain isnt bad. I have a IME in Sept. The insurance company doctor's going to look at me. I hope he dont give me a run around. If he say's I dont need surgery, I'll have to fight it...Hope it doesnt come down to that. Talk to ya later

Old 08-16-2005, 04:26 AM   #184
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

As a man you won't have the bedpan issues that I had.... Just have family with you as much as possible. Deb gave you something Saturday to use if you want more info.

Last edited by flyonthewall; 08-16-2005 at 04:30 AM.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 AM   #185
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Good morning, I was curious , Where does Dr. Foti get the bone for my repairs ? He didnt mention that ? I hope he dont do a bone graph on me. Cadaver ? Maybe I should have said somthing to him....

Old 08-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #186
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

He mixed the scrapings from my laminectomy with BMP for my fusion. You could call and ask. I would only be guessing but I think he would use cadaver with the BMP. Won't you have to see him again before surgery?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:23 AM   #187
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

No, Next time I see him will be the day in the OR. I have to get bloodwork and a chest x-ray in Sept. and have the hospital mail everything. He's gonna put a spacer in my spine also .

Old 08-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #188
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

You signed all the papers already? I had to make a special trip for that. I have a spacer. Is he going in posterior?

Old 08-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #189
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Yes I signed about 4 papers , Maybe since I live so far they let me sign them there. Posterior,,,Through the back ? Yep . Wonder if he cuts through the old scar ? I think the surgery would be longer than my first, Since they have to carve away at my bone and clean it out and all. Didnt tell me how long it would take. Debbie ask but she never told me, Oh well I'll find out when I get there..What is the purpose of the spacer ? Its a cage right ?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:33 AM   #190
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

The spacer is like a wedge. I guess it's kind of like a cage in that it's stuffed. I don't have any cages, only a spacer. At a year he told me he could see bone growing around the spacer. I shows up on the x-ray as three white dots. I think the spacer was used to reduce my spondylolisthesis before he stabilized my spine. Is he going to use BMP? If he's going to carve away at your bone he would use the residue to mix your DNA with the BMP, bone morphogenic protein. Didn't you already have to run this by WC? And didn't Deb tell you to call if you have any questions? I think mine took about six hours. He said the spacer would take about 30 minutes. Don't be afraid to call and ask questions.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 AM   #191
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

I think the doctor said he was going to call WC. He just told me how he was going to
    clean everything out and put in the spacer. He didnt go in detail . I have a insurance medical exam on Sept, 13 . There sending me to there doctor so they can try to say there isnt anything wrong with me. My surgery is on the same day my father passed away 12 years ago. Oct, 17 . Thats spooky .

Old 08-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #192
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I thought you said your surgery was in September? My surgery was on Deb's brother's birthday. Everytime she asks me for the date she kicks herself and says she should remember that date. My father was 1993, also.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #193
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Hi ya Fly, Nope my surgery is set for October 17, Sorry I havent been on here. Im in michigan with my family . We came up to visit her friends. The ride was ok . We come up to watch the nextel cup race, Yeah Im a Gordon Fan . Same as Debbie. He's starting 2nd sunday. Im comming home Monday . C-Ya . When do you start your treatments ?

Old 08-21-2005, 03:04 AM   #194
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I don't understand racing at all, with all the pit stops and everything. When I was little we lived a block away from the Freehold Raceway---horses pulling a sulky. I didn't understand that either, how they could call that a race. To me a race is a sprint and those horses were sissys. How many hours did it take you to get there---it sure isn't around the corner, is it? I'm not doing conventional treatments. I'm taking turmeric and the doctor is going to 'watch' me.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 AM   #195
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

It was a 6 hour drive , But we stopped a few times. turmeric ? What do you do ? I hope my employer dont give me a ruff time about needing the surgery . Just because my neurosurgeon said I was ok . I cant get another opinion , No one wants anything to do with someone who had surgery, thats on comp. When the doc said I had a nonunion , is the bone just dead inside my back ? It never fused ?

Closed Thread