It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• What is Laminectomy ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #331
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: What is Laminectomy ?

May these post from flyonthewall be remembered . Fly past away on 11 / 12/05 she was a special lady, And Im glad I had the honor of meeting her. Thank you Fly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #332
    bella1967
    (female)

bella1967 HB User

I am so sorry. I enjoyed reading your posts. How did your surgery go? I had a two level fusion in July. Was her passing unexpected?

Bella

Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 PM   #333
    caszyman
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

caszyman HB User

Shawley,
    I'm sorry to hear that. I've read your posts and know that she helped you a lot with your surgery. She was also helpful to a lot of other posters. cas

Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #334
    Fiona_Jo
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
    Arrow Re: What is Laminectomy ?

[COLOR=Blue]Fly will be missed on this board, she was a wonderful and thoughtful person, who was always helpful to the members of this forum!

-Jo [/COLOR]

Old 11-15-2005, 05:30 AM   #335
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Im not sure if her death was expected or not. She never told me how bad her cancer was ..I dont know. But thank you all for your kind words toward fly . Yes she will be missed . Thanks for her, my surgery was great ( so Far ) She was so happy I was doing good. She knew she helped me . And that made her happy.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #336
    Fiona_Jo
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User

[QUOTE=shawley]Im not sure if her death was expected or not. She never told me how bad her cancer was ..I dont know. But thank you all for your kind words toward fly . Yes she will be missed . Thanks for her, my surgery was great ( so Far ) She was so happy I was doing good. She knew she helped me . And that made her happy.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]Shawley: I am glad your recovery is going well. I had been following this thread since it started and I know you've been through a lot! I know Fly was a wonderful source of knowledge and support for you! You are in my thoughts. Please, keep us posted on how you are doing!

-Jo [/COLOR]

Old 01-04-2006, 05:03 AM   #337
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Fiona Jo,
    Hello how have you been ? I been really well . I am doing therapy twice a week now . I have little burning in my right leg, But its nothing to bad . I am so Happy Fly told me about my doctor . I had so many doubts I would get better . But here I am feeling ALMOST normal again . Just hope it last this time around.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #338
    rabbitbunnies

rabbitbunnies HB User
    Arrow Re: What is Laminectomy ?

[QUOTE=shawley]I am setting up an appointment with him, They called here yesterday, But I wasnt here. So I am going to call today. Yes I read his buisness card. My neurosurgeon's nurse called me yesterday, She told me she's going to set up a catscan for me and she wants me to come to his office on the 15th . She said everything looks ok back there but if your having pain with a broken screw the doctor will have to do somthing about it . But I am setting up an appointment to see your doctor just in case. Hey good luck with your hysterectomy , You'll be fine, My wife had it done about 15 years ago. She had alot of problems down there so she had no options. Dont you have any pain in your back? God I wish it would all go away, I am getting almost used to pain everyday I go for my 2nd round of facet injections Friday . They help a little, Like I told my chiro, Any relief is a winner to me. So sorry to jump back to another subject but when is your surgery date ? Good luck, I always enjoyed the shot to calm me down, Feels good...I'll keep you posted on whats goin on. Hi , Shawley .. Did u have the injections and did u have another kind of back surgery can u try to explain to me what happrned tp u thanks god bless and if u dont mind me asking u a personal question . You had mention your wife promblems can u share them with me thanks god bless

Dan[/QUOTE]

Old 01-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #339
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Rabbitbunnies,
    Hi , I used to work in a warehouse, I grabbed a large heavey box and fell from the trailer , It caused my spine to slip forward ( spodylothesis ) I had surgery in April 2004 . Fusion L4-L5 . For over a year I been hurting . Getting Facet Injections ESI's Nothing helped . Found out by my PM doc that I had a broken screw in my back, Had a myelogram , My Neurosurgeon told me Nothing he could do. So I met Flyonthewall here .( GOD Bless her ) who told me about her Dr . He was great . He took one look at My MRI and knew My fusion never healed . So I had everything dug back out and replaced with new shinny screws and rods and a spacer in October of this month . I feel great . I am walking with no pain . My wife had girly things removed , I dont know to much about that . Sorry I can't help with that . Are you having problems ? Thanks for asking . I dont come here to much anymore, But if I can help someone I am honored .

Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #340
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

It's been almost a year since I met Flyonthewall , it's been 8 months since she passed on . To this day I thank her every chance I can for helping me find my doctor. I got to meet her only once while I was in the hospital and she was such a pleasant lady.
    Just felt like I had to keep this thread going it helped me alot.
    R.I.P.

Closed Thread