It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• What is Laminectomy ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 AM   #46
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User
    Re: What is Laminectomy ?

I got a copy of my OR x-ray, with hardware, for free. I don't know what the problem is with the radiology center. They won't copy them and they won't put them on a CD.
    fly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #47
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

[QUOTE=flyonthewall]I got a copy of my OR x-ray, with hardware, for free. I don't know what the problem is with the radiology center. They won't copy them and they won't put them on a CD.
    fly[/QUOTE]They have to. Tell them you want them. I did. Their yours. They will charge for copies to be made. Your doctor will give you everything if you ask him. I like to keep everything incase I need it in a courtroom down the road. Can they put that stuff on a CD ?

Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #48
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I have ultrasounds and ct scans on CD---to go out of town. And they said they could put MRIs on CD. Of course the place that did all my MRIs said they can't do that, so I'll have all my other ones done where my other stuff is. The grand opening is 7:15am tomorrow!
    fly

Old 06-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #49
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

The big day, You'll be fine. Every time I go for surgery, My wife will say, Your not scared ? Why would I be ? These guys and gals do it all the time. And I were to die on the table. I wont feel it. Thats my thought on surgery., Make sure when your able,to get on here to let me know how things went.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:07 AM   #50
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I tell them if there is a problem not to wake me up!

Old 06-14-2005, 05:58 AM   #51
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Hey today is the BIG day, I hope everything is well. I know your in the hospital now, I just thought I would leave ya a message, Hurry up and get well. I'll be waiting for your posts.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #52
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Well day 2. I just got back from Pittsburg. My neurosurgeon said he wants me to get a myelogram / CT . Plus more epidurlas...NO !!! I hate them. They hurt. Thats 3 epidural shots and a Myelogram injection. Do you know what hurts more ? Hope your feelin better today.

Old 06-16-2005, 02:19 AM   #53
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I'm Baaack. They only kept me over night. Of course I can't stand up straight and it hurts to roll over. It looks good, all things being relative, but I won't know anything for 2 weeks. My belly button has been mangled, but I don't even have a bandage on. So what are you going to do about the NS? The OSS may want a myelogram but tell him you already had shots. I hadn't had any, but one picture.... The OR notes say I had shots but I didn't. I think it's just protocol. Do you have a picture of the broken screw?
    fly

Old 06-16-2005, 04:20 AM   #54
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Hey welcome back, Im really glad your doin ok. Eewww mangled bellybutton? That sounds painful. Well he wants me to get a myelogram, I hope first, because I dont want to get the epidurals. If I dont need them. I dont have any pictures of the screw , But I do have the X-rays and CT. Where can I get pictures of them ? My neurosurgeon said, since my screw is broken on the right, And Im having pain on my left the most, He doesnt" THINK" the screw is causing the pain . I told him my lower back is burning stabbing, The pain starts at my back and travels across my left butt cheek down my leg to my top of my foot, And it feels like my foot is asleep. So he's sending me for my myelogram / CT Did you have this done ?

Old 06-16-2005, 05:48 AM   #55
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

I did have a myelogram and then they sent me a mile away for the CT. You will need a driver. My pain didn't correspond with the myelogram but that didn't stop anything. You can walk out of there with copies---just ask. What are they waiting for with that broken screw? Has the fusion shifted? How many screws do you have?

Old 06-16-2005, 07:03 AM   #56
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Hey Fly, My neurosurgeon said, the screw isnt moving, And it shouldnt hurt staying in there. I dont understand this guy at all. He didnt rule out anything yet, He wants me to get that myelogram to see if any nerves are pinched. I only have 4 screws.
    L4-L5-S1 are fused.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #57
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

Four screws? Are you sure? I was done from L3-S1 and I have 8 screws. When I was in Berwick one day I stopped at the hospital and asked if I could have a copy of the x-ray from the OR. They even said the first copy was free! When I went for my 2 week checkup Dr Foti had shown me his copy of the OR x-rays so I knew they existed.
    fly

Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #58
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Yeah all I have is 4 screws . X-ray from the OR ? Do they do them while your out? I dont remember them taken any X-Rays in the OR. Before surgery ? I cant wait to meet Dr Foti

Old 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #59
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

They took all kinds of pictures while I was out to make sure the hardware was in place. But I only knew about the x-rays because he showed them to me so I would know what he put in me. He had to know how deep to drill and what size screws to use. Everybody's anatomy is a little different---one size does not fit all. And he had to measure to know how much curve to put in the rods. I asked him if he bent the rods and if that meant I could bend them---he used a machine.
    fly

Old 06-16-2005, 04:05 PM   #60
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Wow,, I didnt know that, I did have an X-ray the next day

Closed Thread