It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• dislocated disk in neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
    wickett

wickett HB User
    Exclamation dislocated disk in neck

A friend of mine, she is a 33 year old female, has a dislocated disk in her neck. She's been going to physical therapy for the past 3 months and her doctor has put her on celebrex for the pain and mentioned surgery to correct it in the future. She's not improving on the PT. I told her about going to a chiropractor, but she said her neurologist advised against it, and she doesn't believe in them.

I've been going to one now for over two years, basically to keep limber and keep my sinuses from acting up. My dad has a degenerated disk in his back and sometimes it slids out of place - after about 3 or 4 visits to the chrptr, he feels brand new. (and i mean he can't even bend over or put his clothes on prior to his adjustments)

Has anyone here ever been to a chiropractor for a dislocated disk and had successful pain relief? I don't want to force my ideas on her, but I feel that a few adjustments might help her.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
    icsue
    (female)

icsue HB User
    Re: dislocated disk in neck

Once you get an injury in your disc a chiropractor won't work. Tell her to find a physical therapist that uses the mckenzie method. You can find it on the web or call around. I had a disc problem in my neck that was helped by this method. After you get something like that it never totally goes away but you can have a normal life if you learn the proper exercises. I would try to avoid surgery if possible and the chiropractor could make it worse.

Closed Thread