It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Radicular Pain & Topamax?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #91
    Redhead5639
    (female)

Redhead5639 HB User
    Hi, oh good, another reason not to clean the house! LOL I am going to take the Neurontin tonight for the first time. I know the dose is small but I have a VERY conservative MD. Only wants me to go up to 600mg at night at the most. I have patients that take 1200 mg 3 times a day, My problem is no where near that level. I ran a lot of errands today and noticed that nice hot,burning, stinging sensation 3 times and I wasn't pushing anything! Hopefully that doesn't mean it is going to get worse. AGGGGGGG. I don't do well not feeling well. Red

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 05:34 AM   #92
    sandollar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sandollar HB User
    Re: Radicular Pain & Topamax?

Did you push a shopping cart, maybe unload one in the store or even lift anything out of your car? Simple things like trying to get out of the bathtub can aggrave it.
    Mine even got an attitude getting in & out of my car!
    You shouldn't do anything that's heavier than a gallon of milk=8 pounds. That applies to long after surgery as well as not having surgery yet to keep you from being in so much pain.
    I got yelled at by hubby for getting out the Kool-Aid, I told him I was fine and it wasn't heavy. His response was "How do you know you can lift that?" I told him :cause I can't lift the milk! He was dying laughing at me.
    Don't give up yet, there's posssibly something your doing causing strain on your back.
    I hope this finds you feeling better today.
    Terri

Old 08-04-2005, 10:34 PM   #93
    sandollar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sandollar HB User
    Exclamation Re: Radicular Pain & Topamax?

Hi Everyone,
    Well, My Flight leaves next Wednesday instead of Today, a difference in over $1000 for the ticket. I'll still be online though with my Laptop.
    Anyway. I need some help.

My lower back & Center of Left Butt Cheek and thigh are so painful I can't stand it. Feels like someone is pulling a rope REALLY TIGHT through the Butt Cheek!

I am taking Duragesic Fentynal Patches now=25mcg every 3 days and 800mg Skalaxin twice a day (Hubby has 50mcg & wants me to take them, even asked the PM without me knowing it, But I told him no, He's had them 8 months and never even opened them, but they are his, not mine).

However the pain only has gotten worse.

My New PM says it's Muscle Spasms from doing too much (packing, etc).

When I lay on my stomach in bed, I can't move or get back up on my own.

I know from my EMG that there is a Pinched Nerve at the S1 & L5 where the Surgery was done.

I know they think it can be massaged out, but it is getting ALOT WORSE!!
    I understand LadyBird says it will get worse before it gets better. I am willing to accept that. But the pain is moving up to the mid back now.

The Airline has a wheelchair waiting for me at each Terminal and will take me onboard as well.

I told my Surgeon that when I return from Montana, it will have been 4 months from the last Surgery and when I return I want another X-Ray done, just to be sure and possibly talk to him about getting the pressure OFF this nerve!

I used to be able to feel the screws all the time (with my finger). Now I can't even find them. PM says it is very swollen back there and that is why.
    I had to stop walking the mile a day on the treadmill since it DID cause spasms and it had gotten ALOT worse.
    Tomorrow I am going to try again and start out slower this time.

I am using ICE, ICE, & more ICE.

Am I too worried and not getting enough rest? PM mentioned I need ALOT of R & R before boarding that plane.
    Is everytime I yell OWWW a Spasm? Cause this is nothing like the spasms I used to get after the surgery.

Maybe my Nerves are shot from being a first time flyer and with Panic Attacks to boot! Maybe I am causing this pain myself, is it possible???
    UGGGGG

I need some advice, anything, Please!! From reading this, am I doing this to myself? Stress maybe? Has anyone ever had a Nerve UNPINCH itself?

BTW=LadyBird, I was Thrilled when I found your post and read how good you are doing now. Maybe you can give ME some advice now!

Thank's Guy's, And sorry for the Complaining & the Book.
    StarDust

Closed Thread