It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Transforaminal epidural & returning pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
    Sage48
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User
    Transforaminal epidural & returning pain

Hello,

I feel almost 3 years ago, had an ACDF at C5/6 in Jan 04, but I also hurt my back at the time of the fall, and have been trying to get rid of the pain...

I had an MRI in Jan. which gave the impression of:
    1. Far left lateral disc herniation at L 4-5 extending into the proximal left neural foramen producing mild left forminal stenosis
    2. Small far right lateral disc herniation at L4-5 with no significant stenosis

I wrote a message a few months ago, at the time, I was rather down, (derpessed??). Since then, I have had another series of epidural injections and the last one was a transforaminal epidural at L4/5. That last injection was the best one...it lasted about 2 weeks, then the pain in my back and down my legs and numbness in feet began to return. It has been 3 weeks, and I am back taking the hydrocodine 5/500, but it is not relieving enough pain, and I want to ask for something different.

I have an appt. tomorrow with my Pain Management Dr. I think he is going to send me back to the neurosurgeon. I have no idea what kind of treatment the neuro. can do for my back. Has anyone else experienced this kind of herniation? What kind of surgery, if any, did you have? If so, how effective was the surgery....

I thank you all for any advice....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread