It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lumbar and Cervical Stenosis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
    Pebble Beach
    Inactive
    (male)

Pebble Beach HB User
    Lumbar and Cervical Stenosis?

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted. Here is my history and what my current problems are. What is the right answer.

- 1988 - traction for bulging discs lumbar area
    - 1994 - surgery for herniated discs lumbar area
    - 1994 - diagnosis of Parkinsons disease
    - 1995 - Surgery cervical spine 3 levels stenosis
    - 1997 - "flatback syndrome" lumbar area surgery instrumentation
    - 1997 - Parkinsons disease "misdiagnosed"
    - 2000 - cervical kyphosis surgery instrumentation with grafting 2 surgeries
    - 2000 - diagnosed with herniations in thoracic area 4 levels
    - 2003 - surgery left leg for blood clots
    - 2003 - diagnosed type II diabetes; normal blood sugar 100mg I had a level of 1600mg
    - 2004 - peripheral neuropathy of legs
    - 2005 - trial spinal cord stimulator done; scheduling permanent stimulator at this time
    - 2005 - Cervical stenosis at 3 levels as per ct scan
    - 2005 - lumbar stenosis at 1 lever as per CT scan

Here is the question. I have consulted for the stenosis. Opinions are to do nothing. Mainly due to all the surgeries done to date. Appears they are afraid to touch me and they are not sure if any surgery will help me at this point. The stenosis has been determined to be moderate stenosis. Medications have been tried without success. If I do nothing don't i risk the chance of things getting worse and causing irreparable damage to the nerves? If so then what do I do. I am worried that doing nothing is not the answer. Any suggestins on what I should do. I am in pain. Thanks for listening.

Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
    flyonthewall
    Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User
    Re: Lumbar and Cervical Stenosis?

Have you run it past an ortho with a spine fellowship? A NS told me I didn't have enough pain and he couldn't do anything for the numbness and tingling in my legs. Then I went to an OSS who fixed me!
    fly

Closed Thread