It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Cervical Stenosis Symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
    Pebble Beach
    Inactive
    (male)

Pebble Beach HB User
    Cervical Stenosis Symptoms?

Hi all. I have had a number of surgeries on my cervical area. Recently they found that I now have Stenosis in the cervical area from C3-6 levels. They are afraid to do more surgery on the neck area due to past surgeries.

But I am experiencing some problems and I am thinking it is related to the stenosis. I find I have a real stiff neck at times/lack of mobility. I also have shoulder pain; and at times I am getting lightheaded. Plus I am finding that I am losing my balance when walking. I have not fallen yet but I sometimes am unsteady on my feet. The stenosis is not on the central canal but of the foramen.

Do these symptoms seem to be related to the stenosis? I have gone around and around with pain medications, physical therapy, aqua therapy with no relief. I am worried that the stenosis will progress. It was classified as moderate stenosis. If it progresses then what am I supposed to do?

Thanks for any input.

Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    severe cervical & lumbar stenosis red64 Back Problems 5 09-26-2008 07:09 AM
    2nd opinion on Thursday for Cervical Stenosis/Surgery, etc. (m)... greenacres Spinal Cord Disorders 3 02-25-2008 08:36 PM
    Severe Cervical Spondylosis Among Others.. RayRay301 Spinal Cord Disorders 4 06-12-2007 10:54 PM
    Symptoms with Cervical Sponylosis -- and other possible spine issues? Bearygood Back Problems 4 06-02-2007 07:18 AM
    Severe Cervical Stenosis ShepherdLady Spinal Cord Disorders 8 12-30-2006 08:13 PM
    Cervical Spinal Stenosis Please help jelovem Spinal Cord Disorders 0 10-28-2006 05:42 AM
    Frustrated cervical & lumbar stenosis Pebble Beach Back Problems 0 10-12-2006 01:11 PM
    Cervical Spinal Stenosis-Post Op Randy86 Spinal Cord Disorders 1 08-26-2004 05:33 AM
    Cervical Spinal Stenosis? Randy99 Spinal Cord Disorders 13 05-20-2003 10:42 AM