It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• 4 weeks;fusion..very happy..ALMOST SCARE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2006, 05:12 AM   #181
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User
    Re: 4 weeks;fusion..very happy..ALMOST SCARE

Good Morning Girls,
    I do remember the muscle spasms so bad that I went to Dr thinking something was VERY wrong. They are so very few now you seem to forget, although I still have that bruised feeling in my foot,right only, and have noticed if I take 1/2 neurontin, it goes away, I've been trying to quit MOST of medication, so only take the neurontin when toes or foot start to flare up, it's weird that it feels like I've stepped in water only on front of toes, so guess it's numb, but it's getting better as well. So my biggest problem is my stomach and it's still a big problem Don't know how it will work out but like you said Sue, we learn to live with it. I'm making notes to take to the Dr. next month, am trying to get ready to go back to work, hard to get mind ready for that although body
    Hope you both are doing OK, Keep those toes warm Sue, Hope you Mom is doing better, Carol. Be thinking of you......Tomorrow

Okie46

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 AM   #182
    confusedpatient
    (female)

confusedpatient HB User

Okie, do you have a family dr. who will look at the incision? I couldn't remember if you went that route yet. I just worry about letting something like that go. Mine looks kind of strange, I have a big hollow place where he took the bone from for the fusion. Someone asked me if it's always going to look like that. I laughed & said well yeah, unless I want to pay for plastic surgery. Some people. What do I care, my bikini days are long gone!

Still have one home sick. My son has a duet for a concert on Thursday, so I hope we can go. He's an interesting mix, loves to hunt, paintball, ski, play football, but must have some of my artistic talent. He would never admit to that though.

Will check in tomorrow. Sunny here today & 45.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:18 AM   #183
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Good morning.
    Toes and feet felt AWFUL yesterday; like you said Okie, feeling bruised and like I've been on them too long. Went grocery shopping yesterday and stood in the store yakking a little too long I guess . Had to slow down on the treadmill speed, the ol' body just doesn't jump through hoops like it used to. Decided I had to do the treadmill even if I DO get an outside walk in; hubby goes out everyday now but likes to work up a sweat but I'm not ready for that.

Like Carol says, I'd be leery of letting the incision thing go - not to worry you (or maybe I should ) I read something about adhesions from abdominal surgery, not an expert by any means and it could be several things I guess.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend Carol. Good that you have well-rounded children (maybe your school doesn't put sports in front of the arts like a lot of them do?)

Talk to you tomorrow girls; enjoy the sunshine and relative warmth Carol.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #184
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Good Morning Girls,
    Yes my family Doctor is the one that wanted me to travel 100 miles one way to have a CT Scan done, maybe I'm a little crazy but just wanted someone to feel of my stomach to get opinon, it really hurts. My daughter also said adhesions, so could be, who knows, but only want someone to feel of it it, not go through a weekend trip for over$1000.00 test. I'm really going out on a limb here, but have heard of internal cleansing, as I'm also tired so much, we'll do lots more reading first.
    Watch those feet girls, mine are much better, there is a goal to reach. Going to make myself walk now, hope you both have a good day, it's warm and windy here. Talk to you tomorrow............Hope your Mom is doing OK, Carol.................

Okie46

Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #185
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Morning girls; well the warmth is definitely gone today! Went out on Wednesday for the 2 mile walk and it was all I could do to get back to the house. Talk about frustrating; that was the worst I've felt emotionally since the surgery! Woke up with a sore throat yesterday and had the blahs but better today.

Haven't heard much about the cleansing Okie, I say try it and if it works then you'll be glad. I'm assuming you're still having that other problem? I'd still be concerned about adhesions...

Thinking about you and your mom Carol, hope everything is well with you all.

Have a good weekend all.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #186
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Good Morning Girls,
    Cold here too Sue, about 40 degrees, so can't get moving. Went to Vitamin store yesterday, my answer to everything, and he said they kill off so many cells getting you ready for surgery, it's hard to bounce back, I CAN BELIEVE THAT. Anyway, they talked me into Enzymes, must say I'm a little better today and it did make sense. I'll let you know how it goes, been a rough week with this cold but as usual the Airborne brought me through, finally have a little energy today. We'll see how this week goes, stomach still hurts, but feet are better, tak e what we can get.
    Hope you have a better walk today, I'm heading out now before wind gets too bad. Tomorrow girls, have a good day.

Okie46

Old 02-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #187
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Good morning all. It's so windy it's hard to OPEN the door so I'll be staying inside today.

I agree about the vitamins etc. Okie, I'm log all my foods, vitamins, and minerals with my ****** program. Went to Super Wally World yesterday and got magnesium and potassium supplements to take along with my multivitamin and calcium tablets. Looks like a pretty good balance according to the program anyway. I gave up on the G-C I'll save that for the dog! I only take ONE calcium tablet a day since I read that too much can cause kidney stones - good grief I don't need that! I'll put that on my list of questions at my next appointment.

Took charge of the kitchen again; looks much better since I put things where I want them! The kitchen floor is in need of a good scrub so I'll see what I can do on my hands and knees. Maybe that's a little too ambitious but I'm pretty sure I"ll know within the first 3 minutes!

Feet still hurt especially when I get out of bed; feels sore in my arches; the toes are still on the chilly side too. Maybe these new sneakers aren't that great after all; I'll go back to my old ones for a few days and see if it gets better.

A log is a great idea Okie, I used to keep one before surgery but haven't lately.

Have a good weekend all, take care.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #188
    confusedpatient
    (female)

confusedpatient HB User

Finally got the report from Mom's surgeon. Tests revealed that it is a low level, stage one cancer. Lots of questions to be answered yet & they are referring us to Cleveland Clinic. Her surgeon said her age, 81, will make a difference in how they proceed. She took the news pretty well, we're kind of getting used to it. She seems to be getting along ok with vicodin, but I wonder if they could give her an anti-inflammatory, too. I'm having her over tomorrow for dinner, I know she needs to get out.

I've seen a big improvement in my pain level in the last week. Getting by with the lyrica & XS Tylenol at the end of the day. Ya know, I think the combination of work & PT was wearing me out. Glad I'm on my own now. I get up every morning, grab some coffee, stretch, & hop on the treadmill. Ok, most mornings. I can't wait for warmer weather because I know it will make a diference.

Going shopping with the 9 year old going on 20. Wish me luck. Girls are much more difficult to raise, I'm sure.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #189
    okie46
    (female)

okie46 HB User

Good Morning Girls,
    Good idea Sue, I did seem to do better with ONLY a mutii vitamin(Wally World Special, ONe Souce), I too have cut out the GC BUT DO take calcium, very early Hysterectomy(spell?), anyway, will also try the pot,mag thing, but as of now do feel some better, EXCEPT for stomach. Was bragging on feet and again only the rt. was hurting today, usually when I first get up but yesterday was a bad foot day, but it the heel mostly feeling bruised but can walk it off USUALLY
    Sorry about your Mom Carol, know it will be a trying time for your family but the strong always survive, as you will. Have a good day, it's beautiful, no wind yet, got to get out of house.

Okie46

Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 AM   #190
    Susiebird
    (female)

Susiebird HB User

Good Morning all!

Sorry about your mom Carol, we'll be praying for you. I know it will be a busy time for you, but don't forget you need to take time out to walk and take care of you too! Hope you can get your brother involved?

I'm trying to come down with a cold; doubling up on the claritin seems to help. I feel a bit better since I'm doing only 3 miles on the treadmill and braving the cold to get a short walk (1 mile) outside. My back does feel better but sore legs (inside of my thighs, that's a new one); the wind pushed me UP the hill yesterday in record time! Feet and toes, still the same ~ugh~.

I've set a target date to take my coding certification - May 5 - so will be doing lots of sitting. The books are HUGE and cumbersome so hard to lay down and read. Guess I'd better get the free weights out again!

Take care all; stay warm Carol and hope it's not too warm for you Okie!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 AM   #191
    confusedpatient
    (female)

confusedpatient HB User

Hi ladies, doing ok here, just busy working. I'm whipped at night now that I'm working longer hours, but I sure do sleep well. Hope your appointment went well, Okie.

Susie, looks like you're in for some bad weather. It missed us; turned into rain. What part of PA are you from? I'm right between Columbus & Cleveland, so we still get some Lake effect snow on occasion.

My aches & pains have been decreasing. I told someone the other day that I just now have decided this fusion was a good thing. So, I'm at about 5 months. It can only get better now. Have a great day.

Closed Thread