It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Lumbar Facet Blocks/ Radio Frequency Ablation Of The Facets

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
    rabbitbunnies

rabbitbunnies HB User
    Lumbar Facet Blocks/ Radio Frequency Ablation Of The Facets

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS DONE OR HAVINJG IT DONE TO THEIR LOWER BACK ???PLEASEreply to this [/COLOR]I had it posted a few weeks ago .. and now I can not find the replys that I had to this ..

I going to have the surgery done but Im looking for some feedback please help the bunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
    Midwest-JD
    (female)

Midwest-JD HB User
    Re: Lumbar Facet Blocks/ Radio Frequency Ablation Of The Facets

I had this - I replied to your previous post, but don't have time to type it all over again... If you keep paging back through the posts, you'll find it eventually... good luck!
    JD

Old 12-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
    carol632
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

carol632 HB User

I had radio frequency ablation done last November and after 13 months, I am still getting relief. It was done on my left side and I immediately was relieved of my lower back pain, the pain in my buttocks and thighs as well. Sometimes, for the first week or so you may have increased pain, and then as the nerves die, the pain will get better and better. For me, I had no pain at all after the procedure. My doctor used fentanyl for pain during the procedure and I was never uncomfortable.

Good luck. I certainly hope you get as much relief as I did.

Carol
    morphine pump

Old 12-20-2005, 04:59 AM   #4
    rabbitbunnies

rabbitbunnies HB User

[QUOTE=carol632]I had radio frequency ablation done last November and after 13 months, I am still getting relief. It was done on my left side and I immediately was relieved of my lower back pain, the pain in my buttocks and thighs as well. Sometimes, for the first week or so you may have increased pain, and then as the nerves die, the pain will get better and better. For me, I had no pain at all after the procedure. My doctor used fentanyl for pain during the procedure and I was never uncomfortable.

Good luck. I certainly hope you get as much relief as I did.

Carol[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the post . Right now ..I am using actiq "fentanyl" those are for a break thru meds they come in a lollypop . works real well .I do appriecate your post and what was wrong with your back ?

thanks

Old 12-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #5
    carol632
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

carol632 HB User

I have many problems...the RFA was done to relieve me of pain in my thighs, hips and buttocks due to stenosis and si joint inflammation.

Carol
    morphine pump

Closed Thread